Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
from the wiki page that you posted.

Quote:
The primary (parts of the cortex that receive sensory inputs from the thalamus) visual cortex is also known as V1, Visual area one, and the striate cortex. The extrastriate areas consist of visual areas two (V2), three (V3), four (V4), and five (V5). Both hemispheres of a brain contain a visual cortex; the left hemisphere visual cortex receives signals from the right visual field, and the right visual cortex from the left visual field.

whistle

Quote:
as you can never be wrong

I prefer that over never being right orac.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Relevance ????? To both posts.

Your first post details a long explaination of what you are obviously claiming something we misread. Well two of us did it, so your English failed .. don't blame us. I am not sure why it needed a whole new post to cover this, other than your personal insecurity.

Your second post says each eye goes to there own area. Great doesn't mean you see the same photon on each eye. I put 16 photographic plates around a circle and only one of the plates sees the photon .. yeah that is called an measurable experiment. You answer above settles and clarifies nothing, you have two eyes that have the ability to see a photon and I have 16 photo plates that can see a photon ... same dog. Only I can't actually measure your dog but I can measure the other dog.

Now we are just dancing in circles, you believe the photon is seen by two eyes ... fine I accept that ... I don't care because it can't be tested it's like asking me to believe in GOD as a science.

I don't believe in GOD, the Earth is only 6000 years old, the story of Noah and dinosaurs were on that arc either ... so lets just chalk it up as another thing I don't believe like you do as I can't test any of these beliefs.

If I have to believe in what you do to be right, I am more than happy to be wrong (it's on my byline) .. never assume I care what you think or believe smile

Anyhow I have had enough of the stupidity and turned off the reply notification. I will check in after to see if there is anything worth discussing posted. For now I am ignoring this garbage I have better things to do with my time, and this has gone Maroszlike.

Last edited by Orac; 05/24/16 05:30 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Your first post details a long explaination of what you are obviously claiming something we misread.

It may have been that Bill was just agreeing with me because
he didnt dissagree he only made a statement about heat being
additive , which is what I posted the first time before you
jumped in with your gibberish rantings.

Quote:
16 tiny dots of 3,000 F
that add up to 48,000 F on each sq ft of the 1 sq mile solar heat array but heat is additive

so I dont see it as if 2 of you misread it , I see it as though
you didnt comprehend the post.

and that is evident from Bills post below.

Quote:
Heat adds, temperature doesn't. There would be however many dots of 3000 degree temperature on the plate.

Bill Gill

surely unlike yourself Bill knows that units of temperature
can be converted directly into units of energy and therefore
that is why he posted his confirmation below

Quote:
There would be however many dots of 3000 degree temperature on the plate.

http://www.kylesconverter.com/energy,-work,-and-heat/celsius-heat-units-to-joules

orac you first need to convert fahrenheit to celsius , just
thought I would give you that hint.

http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/fahrenheit-to-celsius.htm

you on the other hand bypassed that part of physics obviously
in favor of the imaginary and fantasy that you know and love so
well so it zoomed high above your head unnoticed.

the rest of your reply has no scientific value as it is filled
with more gibberish and patting yourself on your own back.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
As the OP of this thread I am sad to see it sliding down an all too familiar incline. There have been some interesting points raised, some since we drifted into talking about light.

Discussions about light and how it travels and is observed often seem to devolve into a tangle from which there is no clear escape path. As an extrication attempt, I am going to start a new thread specifically about waves and photons.

BTW, I find it interesting that Chris Baird seems to be able to function comfortably without conflict between science and his religious conviction.

There never was nothing.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.