Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
A new study reported in Phys.Org:Black holes don't erase information, scientists say outlines the work done by Dejan Stojkovic, PhD and his team. They say that you can, in theory, recover the information that has been thought to be lost in a black hole. The paper studies the subtle interaction between particles of Hawking Radiation. According to the paper that interaction is driven by what was ingested by the blackhole, so that in principle the information could be recovered.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Again another example of the trash the science media has become with very few good science writers left. Leaves out probably the most important part of the whole story that you have to accept the Dejan Stojkovic view of the universe along with its Vanishing-dimensions.

Let me help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_dimensions_theory

With calculations its garbage in garbage out and perhaps if he spent more time showing the conclusiveness of the inputs, I might get excited about the output of the calculations smile

Originally Posted By: Charlotte Hsu
Disappearing information is a problem for physicists because it’s a violation of quantum mechanics, which states that information must be conserved.

Apparently, the scientific community has known of such correlating information for a while, but this is the first paper to flesh out the connection mathematically.

Yeah it has and I am not sure this paper adds anything to that understanding but his media writer made sure it got a good push and his name out there like this paper was important laugh

Last edited by Orac; 04/07/15 12:13 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.