Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53121 10/05/14 11:45 PM
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
I have just looked through the 6 latest posts; they are remarkably similar. They are all by newton, and not one encourages anyone to post a response.

I have, mostly, enjoyed my time on SAGG and it is sad to see it choking to death beneath a smothering blanket of repetitious effluent.

Is there enough life left in SAGG to fight back, ignore the trolling and return to some real science, or are we just going to give up?

There never was nothing.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Is there enough life left in SAGG to fight back, ignore the trolling and return to some real science, or are we just going to give up?

I think its just a phase were going through myself , personally
I have been studying a new phenomenon that has recently taken hold on
youtube.

ASMR roleplaying !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Great video Paul. It will be interesting to see how your study of this phenomenon goes. Will it cause you formication of the scalp? smile

Last edited by Bill S.; 10/06/14 02:16 PM.

There never was nothing.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Not sure many people can be bothered scrolling down 10-20 threads of complete garbage by the resident Pollack nutcase.

I think everyone agrees it's the same spam kiddy drawings over and over so I can't see why it needs hundreds of threads.

You could neatly list the whole lot under one thread called "mindless ravings of a pollack lunatic troll"

As the moderator(s) for some reason don't want to act the forum will get what it deserves because people will simply not wade thru that much mindless child like dribble.

I see the stupid pollack fool is back to winning the Nobel prize again laugh

Last edited by Orac; 10/07/14 01:26 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
I'm not exactly sure whether it would be considered formication or fornication of the scalp whistle, I suppose
that would depend on the degree of tingles that you
get from the audio of a ASMR video.

I think its sort of like the fingernails scraping on a
chalk board bit that we have all experienced in school
the difference being that the ASMR artist mainly focus on
pleasing , comfortable and relaxing triggers to help the
viewer to fall to sleep.

and from what I understand so far, the tingling that occurs
when you hear certain audible sounds is supposed to be
connected to feelings that you have felt in the past
that are possibly stored and linked to your past memories.

let me lay this out in a scenario.

Imagine ... with a pair of virtual reality goggles and a
stereo headset and 3D video and they are even talking about the addition of fragrances in the near future.

TheUKASMR

I can see products and technology
evolving to compliment ASMR videos.

also , in this particular video its easy to see how
product advertisement can and does blend in so well
with zero viewer interruption of the video content.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
I can see products and technology
evolving to compliment ASMR videos.

You bet! If there's money to be made, someone will make it.

There never was nothing.
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
========================
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I have just looked through the 6 latest posts; they are remarkably similar... and not one encourages anyone to post a response... and it is sad to see it choking to death beneath a smothering blanket of repetitious effluent.

... Is there enough life left in SAGG to fight back, ignore the trolling and return to some real science, or are we just going to give up?
Bill S, thanks for your comment and question.

[b]WILLPOWER--Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength[/b]--the title of the book by the pioneering research psychologist Roy F. Baumeister (RFB).

Now, may I suggest that the answer to your question lies in our being WILLing to revolutionize our understanding of the most coveted human virtue: self-control.

Interestingly, RFB discovered that willpower in fact has a physical (somatic) basis and operates like a muscle: it can be strengthened with practice and fatigued by overuse. It is
fuelled by glucose, which our brains use and store as fuel. It leads us to conclude:

THERE REALLY IS A SCIENCE TO-DO LIST:

1. Beginning with the obvious, SOMATOLOGY--the study of the body (soma) and anything physical: If we want to be healthy, we all need to listen to our physical bodies (our SOMAS) and the environment in which we live, move and have our being.

If we are to have good health, our bodies need to have the healthy foods and rest they crave. Therefore, it is up to us to set realistic goals. Otherwise, there will be serious and socially-costly consequences to our somas, psyches and pneumas brought on by bad health, pain and suffering--much of which--by the simple use of willpower--could be prevented. It IS working for me, family and friends willing to learn how to do so.

2. PSYCHOLOGY--the study of the mind (psyche), that which from our heredity, environment and education.

It is the child of philosophy, pneumatology and all its many children, such as anthropology, sociology and the like. When all branches of knowledge, especially practical technologies will to cooperate, out of it comes the sciences and the arts.

3. PNEUMATOLOGY--the study of the human spirit (the pneuma, and metaphorically speaking, the heart), which I will put last inspires us to ask myself pneuma inspired questions:

Who am I? Who are you? And, collectively speaking, who are we? Though we are animal-like beings perhaps still having some vestigial bits and pieces of our orgins in our somas, psyches and pneumas and yet above all, we have for our use and development now, what professor Roy F. Baumeister calls, "the greatest human strength, willpower?"
================
SAGG members, we have nothing to fear but the darkness and despair we ourselves create when we do nothing but curse the darkness.

Well! You know what needs to be done. Accept G O D--the Gift Of Discernment & HOW to Generate Organize & Deliver what we need to be, think, know, do and grow (evolve). When we will to have it & it WILL be ours use. cool

Now, pick up your WILL and turn on your light of willpower ...

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Rev
Now, may I suggest that the answer to your question lies in our being WILLing to revolutionize our understanding of the most coveted human virtue: self-control.

Hmm! Could that be a "yes"?

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Ironically.. something suggested by someone who struggles with everything outside of ones control. wink

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.