Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51967 05/09/14 02:25 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Texas Town Has Healthy Turnaround
A special report on local TV station KOTV. The reporter visited Marshall, Texas to report on a health turnaround for a lot of people. They changed to a healthy diet and regained their health. They lost weight, lowered their cholesterol, lowered their blood pressure, and their diabetes went into remission.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
a whole town made up of smart smart people.

theres a lot of money to be made if people choose to only
eat healthy diets.

thanks Bill that was refreshing.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
It shows what you can do if you really stop and think about it. This wouldn't be the answer to all medical problems but it works for a lot of the ones that we have problems with nowadays.

I think the biggest problem for most people is just getting the right mind set to attempt this kind of a diet. I know I like meat, and that diet was low on meat. Not a problem really, as long as you make sure you get enough protein. And I expect an occasional hamburger, or steak would be ok.

And some people might have problem implementing the diet. If both a husband and wife work outside the home then they can run into a time problem. Cooking does take time, and when you come in from work and have to do everything in a hurry you can get impatient and start reaching for the fast processed food. It might be especially a problem for single mothers working 2 minimum wage jobs.

Bill Gill

B
Megastar
Megastar
B

There never was nothing.
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Paul might like it, but it reads like gibberish to me. He makes some suggestions that don't have any apparent rationale, other than a desire to 'explain' Genesis.

Bill Gill

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Agreed, I think Paul can do a better job when he avoids getting personal.

There never was nothing.
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
I've been thinking about that link a little bit. I think that, if you don't believe Genesis, there is a very simple and human explanation for all the stories in Genesis. They started off as simple tall tales. You know: "When I was young we walked to school through 5 feet of snow." "You should have seen the one that got away." "You call that a flood, you should have seen the one my grandfather talked about." And so on. Very simple and very human.

Bill Gill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.