Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
There will be a total lunar eclipse visible from North and South America the morning of the 15th. This will happen tonight. For times and details see this article:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25193...campaign=buffer

" The total phase will last 78 minutes, beginning at 3:06 a.m. EDT and ending at 4:24 a.m. EDT."

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

P
P
Unfortunately it's snowing here in MI, not a star or the moon visible.

Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
That's too bad. It was an interesting sight. For once we had a nice, clear sky here in Nebraska. Every time I want to watch a meteor shower it seems it's cloudy. I took peeks until the moon was totally in the shadow of the Earth. It was cold, near freezing, so I took short peeks, but it was amazing. Sorry you missed it. There will be another later this year, I think in October, so maybe you will get to see it then. I hope your snow leaves off soon and you get some Spring weather to encourage you. It's tree planting time here, I have several trees and shrubs to plant today. I'm hoping to get them growing so that in several years I will have some fruit to pick.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
We had a beautiful clear sky here. Trouble was the moon had vanished and the sun was up by the time of the eclipse.

There never was nothing.
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Well, you had to be up around 1 am to get the start of it. I got a few (rather chilly) peeks at it until it went total, and then I went to bed. Maybe you will have better luck next time. :-)

P
P
Next one Oct. 8 2014.

Eastern half of North America will be able to see the first part of the eclipse, Asia and Australia can catch the tail end of the eclipse. Hopefully I won't have snow falling that early in Oct.

A partial one 23 Oct 2014, Canada and every state except Hawaii.

Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Let's hope not. This weather has been a bit screwy. During all the good meteor showers, we have had overcast weather or rain. We need the rain, but it would have been nice to see the meteors. Maybe this year will be better weatherwise. Last year we had snow in the early part of May. One never knows.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.