Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, ALL RELIGIONS, INCLUDING ... is the title of a thread that now has 2,238 responses and over seven million hits--7,016 912 --as of Thur., Nov. 21, 2013.

BTW, way back when, I started this thread, using the name, Turner--my wife's maiden name.

IT IS ABOUT HOLISM AND THE HOLISTIC APPROACH TO LIFE:
Understanding how body (soma), mind (psyche) and spirit (pneuma) need to work together, for us to have holistic health. For more details, check out:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatology
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatology
============================================
Meanwhile, anyone: Interested in being part of a dialogue on HOLISM and the holistic approach? Feel free to go to Face Book and to the timeLine of Gary Walsh.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
FOR THE RECORD

Jan.14, 1943--in the midst of WW2--at 13, I began my teen years. That was on Bell Island (10,000 people), NL, then famous for its iron-ore mines and what happened on and near the island during the war.

Having experienced two deadly attacks by enemy subs in 1942--piers damaged, the sinking of 4 iron-ore carriers with the loss of 69 lives--from then on to the end of the war (may 1945) we lived with blackout-shutters and the fear of invasion. For the full story check out http://www.bellisland.net.

BTW, my three older brothers and others were told, because of the need for iron ore to serve the needs of war, to build ships and the like, they were more needed as miners (2,100) and for home defence--both dangerous jobs. Ironically, during the war more of miners were killed or wounded, per capita, than of those who volunteered for overseas service. Just after the war, I earned my first dollar working on the "picking belt" picking rock out of crushed ore. This I saved to help pay my way, when I later got accepted at university http://www.mta.ca

Briefly, back to the war: Over the war years, there were many explosions, in and around the mines, that killed and wounded many miners. Saboteurs perhaps? Near the end of the war, captured enemy submariners admitted that they often went ashore, dressed as local merchant seamen. There, they made friends easily, enjoyed themselves, went to the movies, restaurants, and generally had a good time. But they also did the damage for which they were trained. One morning, we actually found German rifles--of course with the bolts missing--in a ditch near our house.

Be patient! What I really want to talk about is the work of Ken Wilber and about what he calls INTEGRAL THEORY (IT).

In my opinion, understanding IT, and how IT works, could really help each of us become the creative kind of person we really want to be. Furthermore, IT could help us work together and thus build the kind of integral kind of society we vision IT could become--one INTEGRAL whole.
====================
When I was 13, despite the gap of 10 years, I was very close with my next older brother, Ern, then 23. Despite his lack of a formal education, Ern was very interested in reading things that challenged him with new ways of doing things, and of thinking. He loved reading POPULAR MECHANICS, including the interesting adds about mind-expanding ideas, hypnotism and the like.

One day he said: "Take a look at this about MENTALPHYSICS". Apparently, the idea is still with us. Here is the latest information: http://www.mentalphysics.net

Briefly--Ern was not all that wealthy at the time--he agreed to send for the correspondence course. We read it, together. I give this experience credit for helping map out my future plan of education. Were he alive today, he would be 94. Thanks Ern ! [More on this, later.]

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/30/13 10:53 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
FOR THOSE INTERESTED, THIS IS THE THREAD TO WHICH I REFER:
======================================================
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php#top

WHEN I CHECKED, RECENTLY, IT HAD:

2,238 responses and over seven million hits--7,016 912 --as of Thur., Nov. 21, 2013.

Since then, another 16,000 hits has been added.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Later, I will tell how that, recently, I got the following quote from GOD
Quote:
THIS IS GOD. I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT I DO NOT EXIST. THE ATHEISTS ARE RIGHT ALL ALONG. SO THERE !!!
WHAT'S THAT! Am I hearing things? Or is this dream? O well, I'll make a response and see what happens:

LET THE STORY--and this IS a story--UNFOLD

GOD? Is it you, really you? Wow, what a pleasant surprise! cool

BTW, even though I am big and strong, keep in mind, I am shy. Therefore, I am not sure of how best to proceed, so go easy on me, but I have heard the story from the wise ones that you and I were born as fraternal twins, who as babies became separated form our more primitive parents. Later on, in our late teens, we met as strangers to each other. So, naturally, nature took it's course and

About me: GOD, I too have a god-like name, but a little different from yours. Whenever I introduce myself for the first time, I always spell out the word and sound out the letters... G.Õ.D. Yes, I assume I was the twin who came first and, therefore, your older brother.

My god-like name, G.Õ.D. , simply means I am the one who generates (power and things), organizes (things and people) and delivers to family and community that which is needed to protect the one I choose to love to be the mother of the family.

It seems to me that your name, GOD means that you are one who freely chooses (wills) to be good, optimistic and delightful and the twin sister born just after I was. Now I feel, where we evolve from here is up to us.

BTW, I am glad to hear you say that you do not exist. cool IMO, a 'god' who exists in nothing more than an idol--an object that we can create with our hands, physically, or with our minds, mentally--in our own image. A very small package indeed!

I like to think of “God", as--using the words of a wise one --like, "an infinite sphere whose centre is everywhere and ... whose circumference is nowhere”. Later, a great inventor had the same thing in mind when he said, "God is without dimensions". smile

Before I say more, may I ask you: How much have you heard about the story of the GOD family?--a great family, BTW--of which you and I were the first members to be consciously aware of, and with, one another.

I have the strong feeling that--not with standing, that is, despite what happened since the so-call BIG-bang ... which I prefer calling the "GREAT Omni Dazzlement" (overpowering light--like the sun)--we are not alone in the cosmos.

GOD, you are no doubt aware that, as of now (modern times), the human family on earth is one that is indeed large, perhaps even problematically large.

The story of our family, as I understand it, began like as follows: Way back--that is, well before recorded history--at least two of us (let us mentally put ourselves in their place)--one male and one female--of our first human-like ancestors fortunate enough to evolve to the point where they became ready to make conscious choices, did so. So, despite the risks, they made the first quantum leap to consciousness, or self-awareness.

Of course, using this new gift of consciousness, WE both more rapidly began to evolve and we consciously (that is, spiritually) became physically and mentally stronger smile

As I have already indicated, being the male I was the larger of the two. Therefore, I automatically assumed the role as your protector.

You, as the physically smaller and a female, became the eventual mother of our family and many descendent families. This is why I am not surprised that in order to win and keep my protection, you chose to be god-like in your own and feminine way. You were: generous, gracious, genial, glamorous, grateful, obedient, obliging, open, optimistic, outgoing, dainty, delicate, delightful, devout, discreet, and whatever it takes ...
==================================================
BTW, THE FOLLOWING IS A SIMILAR AND ENLARGED VERSION OF SIGNATURE I SOMETIMES USE--see www.scienceagago.com

G.Õ.D ~ can also stand for the GREAT--let-there be-light--Omni Dazzlement. For Bio info see www.lindsayking.ca & www.unitheist.org BTW, I have one thread, PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION, ALL RELIGIONS ... which at this point has over 7.5 million hits. Questions welcomed!
===================

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.