Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
http://odewire.com/105378/standing-in-the-light.html

How Johan Boswinkel is using biophotons, the faint light waves emitted by cells, to help the body heal.

Jurriaan Kamp | July/August 2011 issue

Warning: this story is about a man who has developed a groundbreaking new therapy: healing with light. The man is not a doctor. Nor is he an accredited scientist. His proof is rather anecdotal, and, yes, there are countless skeptics eagerly lining up to attack his results and conclusions. Yet Johan Boswinkel might just hold a key to the medicine of the future in his hands.

Why should you read on, after a warning like that? Because modern medicine, despite all its progress, often remains powerless against the many chronic illnesses spawned by our modern lifestyle. Albert Einstein said it well: You can never solve a problem on the same level of thinking on which it was created. My son’s T-shirt puts it more baldly: “It’s usually the oddballs who change the world.”...

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
It’s usually the oddballs who change the world

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Puts a whole new slant on "light relief".

There never was nothing.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Once again 'the placebo effect'?

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Ellis
Once again 'the placebo effect'?

[Quote=Mike Kremer]

Quite an interesting article regarding Johan Boswinkel's work.
I was not used to the URL re the article being placed right at the top and before the main title of the article, as Reviking placed it. So I nearly did not spot it.

Having read Boswinkels article, can't offer any opinion as to the very faint light he calls 'Biophotonic Light' that emanates from body cells is able to cure diseases.
There is no mention of the frequencys of this light, or how he
differentiates between the bad chaotic light, and the coherent
or good light given off by the bodys cells.

If you sprinkle a little bit of fact into a new idea, you might well get a few more believers?

The real facts here, as I see it, is towards the end of the article where Boswinkel states that sunlight is required to ensure a healthy body.
Also it’s generally accepted that a lack of daylight causes seasonal affective disorder, or “winter depression."
You can certainly buy a special "Sunlight Fluorescent Tube"
from a good Chemist, which prevents winter depression.

Surprisingly what I thought was a serious ommission from his article was the addition of colour.
The colour of ones clothes or the walls of the rooms where you live, does have an effect on most peoples attitude and well-being.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer
[quote=Ellis]Once again 'the placebo effect'?
GOOD INFORMATION ABOUT PLACEBOS FOLLOWS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo#History
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo_in_history Mike, you say
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer
Quite an interesting article regarding Johan Boswinkel's work.... The colour of ones clothes, or the walls of the rooms where you live, does have an effect on most peoples attitude and well-being.
Quite true, Mike! This why, at least once a day, I do the following yogic exercise, which is called:
The Five Tibetan Rites: Exercises for Healing, Rejuvenation, and Longevity
http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm While doing this, I focus on a piece of art, using bright colours, that I have put together. It is 24 X 36 inches and is made up of the primary colours--Blue, Yellow and Red, plus chromium green--blue, yellow and white combined.

The arrangement is around a triangle (soma, psyche and pneuma--body (RED--energy), mind (YELLOW--knowledge) and spirit (BLUE--willpower).

Mike, you mention how colours affect our attitude and sense of well being. Right on!

MOVES, PLUS COLOURS, PLUS MUSIC
For me, doing this kind of exercise has: what I have come to think of as a self-induced placebo effect.

No matter what kind of dark funk I happen to be in when I first wake up, witin a few minutes of doing even the first two, or three, of the five moves--including focusing on the colours, while listening to the kind of music I enjoy--I begin to feel improvement in my mood.

Though my taste for music is quite broad, I particularly enjoy Mozart, Bach, Handel, Beethoven, Vivaldi, the waltz king, Johann Strauss, and the like.

WHEN I WAKE IN THE MORNING,
THE FIRST THING I DO:
I LOOK FOR THE COLOURS
RED, YELLOW AND BLUE.
THEN I SAY TO MYSELF:
WHAT A COLOURFUL WORLD!

The link above mentions five yogic moves. But, if you wish, feel free to add others you enjoy.

I frequently do some of the moves while having a B.A.T.H. While doing so, I say to myself: I will and choose to Be Aware & Think Health. No doubt, pious people would feel comfortable saying: I choose to be Born Again & Think Holiness smile

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
I can't argue with that Rev. Positive thoughts are good!

Also I was reading in the magazine part of my newspaper this morning that people with pets (are you listening BillS!) live longer and, when elderly, (!) have 20% less visits to the doctor! I knew there had to be a point to Will the Pug somewhere!

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I’m listening, and nodding sagely (actually, the nodding is part of my effort to stay awake). Having these puppies has made me look seriously at the idea that you need less sleep as you get older. I am considering being radio-carbon dated, as I suspect I may not be as old as I thought. smile

I certainly agree about the positive thinking.

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.