Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Ellis
My pug is called Will. 'Nuff said!

If you love and feed your Will, does your Will always obey your commands?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
IF we use the reverends example of willpower, where everyone let democracy rule God, with all of the diverse belief systems and beliefs in God, which will would prevail?

Will does not in and of itself discern between good and evil but rather follows the beliefs of those who feel righteous with their idea of God.

So in the spirit of Jihad, having the will to strap a bomb on ones back and walking into a crowded mall manifests itself as easily as someone who believes God is giving where a little old lady bakes a cake and gives it to her neighbor.

Where democracy prevails in the beliefs of God there are groups within groups within groups who all get together and democratically determine which God is righteous. Which is why there are so many different churches/diocese within a religion of name.

Put two differing opinions of will into play and everyone believes their God is more powerful and will gain the upper hand.
Where God's name has been used along with righteousness we have as an example, the crusades, the Spanish inquisition, witch hunts, Jihads and every other war remembered and not remembered.

God then becomes a struggle of wills to gain the upper hand, and while the will of human belief perpetuates itself in belief and delusion the universe continues regardless.

Obviously the will of a greater intelligence is working where some get what they want sometimes, and others find their idea of God subject to change in accord with the unfolding chaos which is outside of ones ideal.

I guess God can please all of the people some of the time and live in accord with their randomly successful wills.. Some of the people all of the time, where ones will seems to be in accord with the unfolding universe.. and pleasing all of the people all of the time would be the failing of God due to the divergent wills that follow beliefs outside of God's will, which would be other than democratic process of human beliefs in God.

If we look at the psychologically divergent programs that are fed to us thru public school systems, changing democratic political views of states and nations, religion, family policy and even medical beliefs scientific and holistic the mind has to discern which idea to will into superiority.

If one is lucky to find a box to organize ones self into without some kind of change to affect the box, then ones will will follow the appearance of order. But as long as one is at odds with a universe of change, where one tries to hold onto a particular thought or belief then will will follow change, not only on the surface of the mind but at unconscious levels of belief and acceptance.

We have a cold and flu season for humans. Animals I think are a bit more innocent and have not impose such a will upon themselves.

Will then applied to God I think is superstition.

Will, applied to healing ones self, is subject to the programs which willed the dis-ease of the body into being in the first place. Generally the thoughts are toward healing the symptoms but as in the medical professions the cause often escapes the mind.

Megastar
Megastar
I would like to move this to the PHILOSOPHY Thread, OK>

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I am briefly returning to this thread with two questions that have nothing to do with the OP.

1. I echo TT's question: "Is there a way to create a custom avatar on this site?"

2. Ellis, could you post a picture of Will? We'd love to see him.

There never was nothing.
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I am briefly returning to this thread with two questions that have nothing to do with the OP.

1. I echo TT's question: "Is there a way to create a custom avatar on this site?"

2. Ellis, could you post a picture of Will? We'd love to see him.

===========================================
Bill S, let us know if you get the answers you wanted? laugh

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Unfortunately I can't give you a photo of Will for two excellent reasons.

!) I don't know how, (but I bet he does).

2) He is already convinced he's gorgeous and owns the world so we do not need to encourage him.

On the good side- as a result of proper treatment he is no longer bald pug, but a moth-eaten one. He looks a bit raffish. Believe me it's an improvement!

Hi Rev.
(We will ALL be in trouble for off-topic now.)

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
While we are off topic; my wife says if you give Will 1,000ml of evening primrose oil per day it will work wonders for his coat, joints and heart. You can get it in capsule form.

Don't tell TFF, though. smile

There never was nothing.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Good idea. I am a moderate fan of Evening Primrose too!

He has Cushing's Disease which could account for his very sanguine nature as it is an excess of cortisone as in steroid. It also causes hairloss.

That was vaguely scientific really!

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Congratulations on having a "vaguely scientific" pug; so you could post his pic without being off topic. smile

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I posted two new threads at the same time, both based on, and linked to, the same article.
One included God in the title, the other did not.
Comparing the two over the same period of time produced the following figures.
G = God, NG = Not God.

From about 01.00 pm yesterday to about 06.30 am today.

NG = 3

Posters: G = 4
NG = 2 (another 1 since)

Average length of posts: G = 5 lines
NG = 2.25 lines

Draw any conclusions you wish.

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Regarding posts referring to God... How many of them were specific to an idea of what God was and what God wasn't?

Does your attention to this subjective/objective survey point to a natural desire to know God, or the tendency to react toward the personal opinion and stress related judgment and objection of the word/subject of God itself?

If this were a scientific study would it be in reference to God "The Word" or the subjective beliefs in whether God was real or not to the individual personality?

Personally I don't think there is enough here to draw any conclusions.

But I'm sure it will inspire plenty of opinions and certainly draw the reverend here to explain the invention of his word G-0-D.. smile

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 01/31/12 05:26 PM. Reason: God made me do it

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
Regarding posts referring to God... How many of them were specific to an idea of what God was and what God wasn't?

I think that is a distinction that is more appropriate to some other threads.

Quote:
Does your attention to this subjective/objective survey point to a natural desire to know God, or the tendency to react toward the personal opinion and stress related judgment and objection of the word/subject of God itself?

I would be reluctant to grace it with the title “survey”, nor would I impute to it anything of the depth you seem to be looking for.

Quote:
Personally I don't think there is enough here to draw any conclusions.

Agreed, but the invitation remains. smile

Quote:
But I'm sure it will inspire plenty of opinions and certainly draw the reverend here to explain the invention of his word G-0-D

“Get thou behind me, Satan!

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
TT, I've just noticed the reason for your edit. I wish I had thought of that!

There never was nothing.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

Quote:
But I'm sure it will inspire plenty of opinions and certainly draw the reverend here to explain the invention of his word G-0-D

“Get thou behind me, Satan!

E
Megastar
Megastar
E

The cats should have the last word-- Perhaps in tongues!

TT is right! We need to define terms if we wish to draw conclusions.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B

I always have the last word, and my tongue has everything to do with it!

Actually, I normally have the last word at about five o'cock in the morning!!!!! Usually something like "I'm wet! fix it!
Or, "my mouse escaped, it's under your bed!! Fix it!

Last edited by Bill S.; 02/01/12 01:28 AM.

There never was nothing.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokĀž»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.