Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3968 10/13/05 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For a moment let us assume there is no link between Charge and Mass values and the values were chosen at random.
Let us recreate a Universe with
Electron with Proton's Mass and vice-versa.Will there be any difference in the Resultant Universe?
Feel free to comment you are not wrong.

#3969 10/13/05 03:29 PM
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
Quote:
Electron with Proton's Mass and vice-versa.Will there be any difference in the Resultant Universe?
How do you plan to remove mass from baryons (quarks and gluonium with asymptotic confinement) and award it to leptons (point particles sheathed in Feynman diagrams)?

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
#3970 10/14/05 11:18 AM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
I would really like this question to be answered by scientists; do scientists generally believe that the universe is 'the whole graph' or 'a point on the graph'?
(With the graph representing everything there can ever be)

#3971 10/15/05 05:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would really like this question to be answered by scientists; do scientists generally believe that the universe is 'the whole graph' or 'a point on the graph'?
REP: Dear Rob I answered your question Honestly.
Now you can go home happily without any guilt of neglecting Christ.;-))
====================================
How do you plan to remove mass from baryons (quarks and gluonium with asymptotic confinement) and award it to leptons (point particles sheathed in Feynman diagrams)?
REP:You didnt understand my Question.You free to create the Maths as well. All you are asked is to produce a Workable Model (with its new Mathematical Description with as many necessary assumtions as required with as many predictions as required.)
I say you can do it.

#3972 10/15/05 05:07 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk: I say you are lacking in clues. Try getting an education in the subject before wasting bandwidth on the internet.

DA Morgan
#3973 10/18/05 12:26 PM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
right, ok, dkv, sorry but I didn't understand your answer to my question. Forget the graph. What in your opinion as a scientist, lies outside the universe; more universes, or is 'the universe' infinite and has no end?

#3974 10/19/05 03:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Scientist !! - I am one.
Anyways , Your question has very subtle points.
First - There is nothing outside Universe.
Second - If you expect Einstein's Original Equation to Satisfy the first Question then possibly you have not understood the entire Problem..The problem is Quantum Mechanics claims to be equal explainer of Universe and there are theories which totally deny Gravity as defined by Einstein.How do they do that? is a different question.
Third- Infinity exists in Maths and not in Reality.It is very complicated topic and it will take you some courageous imagination to understand the Numbers are Just Numbers... the 0 and infinity are very special cases of Logical Understanding(hence Maths hence Physics ).This thread was already dicussed somewhere in the Forum...
Fourth- I have given you an expalantion on the meaning of measurement in Quantum Mechanics.This resolves some of the issues related to Origin and End.(It says the Origin and Ends are relative to an Observer...This also means that the true origin can not be communicated in a Logically consistent Way thus leaving a scope for further debate... Thus in my opinion Physics is Endless and they will be employed for Further Research..Because there are many more surprises for us... )

Whatever more you want to hear .. take it to the appropriate thread... or leave it undebated thus proving me correct within the Knowledge Space of this Group:-))

#3975 10/19/05 07:53 AM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Zero only exists in maths; nothingness cannot exist in the physical, real world.

To get from 1 to 2 you would have to go through an infinite amount of decimal numbers. To get from 1 to zero you would have to do the same, you would never actually reach zero.

I think you've finally answered my question. You seem to believe that the universe is 'everything'. Obviously you do not support the multiple universe theory. Tell me this then, if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into? And how can infinity expand at all?

#3976 10/21/05 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today is my last day so I answer your questions :
Zero only exists in maths; nothingness cannot exist in the physical, real world.
REP: Zero by deifintion is Mathematical its interpretation is Physical.Now we have seen the Reality is nothing but extension of Mathematical Groups existing in Physical Dimesions.
Zero therefore has a meaning in its nothingness sense. The property of Nothing is not know.. that is the next piece of puzzle we will solve when I come back.
=======================================
To get from 1 to 2 you would have to go through an infinite amount of decimal numbers. To get from 1 to zero you would have to do the same, you would never actually reach zero.
REP:We will not use that reasoning becuase in involves another complicated term infinity..
Thats why 0 and infintiy are so important in our discussions.We are essentially debating 0's and infinities.Thanks to Quantum Physics we understand some part of it.
======================================
I think you've finally answered my question. You seem to believe that the universe is 'everything'. Obviously you do not support the multiple universe theory.
REP:the Universe contains all the possible Universes.See m-theory and decide yourself.
Tell me this then, if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?
REP: It is expanding into itself.
==================================
And how can infinity expand at all?
REP: Wait till I come back. I will give you an detailed answer. It will be a bold declaration.
There is nothing called as Infinity and there is nothing called as 0 as understood by us.It exists with a different meaning and it is much more exotic than what we havbe understood.
Meanwhile are there any guesses???
Hint: You get the answer in my Theory.

#3977 10/21/05 04:53 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Rob asks:
"if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into? And how can infinity expand at all?"

The answer is that your question posits an assumption that violates every concept of the Big Bang ever formulated. The universe is not expanding AND it is not expanding into anything.

Your wording is based on attempts to explain complex concepts to the lay-public.

What is changing is the metric of space-time. Whether space is growing larger or the speed of light is slowing down are equivalent statements.

DA Morgan
#3978 10/22/05 04:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rob asks:
"if the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into? And how can infinity expand at all?"
The answer is that your question posits an assumption that violates every concept of the Big Bang ever formulated. The universe is not expanding AND it is not expanding into anything.
REP:Morgan dont terrorize simple souls.He was looking at things arounbd himself and he doesnt find anything static.Just to give him a good answer I stated it is expanding into itself.Rob is not an introvert and only an introvert can understand the meaning of No Measurement.No Absolute Movement.Think about The theory till you understand it completely .. no one can spoon feed you this concept.. at best you will get a two dimensional picture in books. The truth is far more complictaed than that .. No writer can put that into a book. This is the reason some saints of India knew the limitation of Written commnunication. Wirtten communication is very slow.. Oral is much better. and Internal Discussion is the best .. there is one more level above this .. but we leave it here.
================================
Your wording is based on attempts to explain complex concepts to the lay-public.
REP:Yes.
What is changing is the metric of space-time. Whether space is growing larger or the speed of light is slowing down are equivalent statements.
REP: True.

#3979 10/24/05 10:43 AM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
dkv,
I AM AN INTROVERT.
The reason I am asking this question out loud is because I want to see if everyone's answer matches mine, not because I couldn't answer it. SIMPLE SOULS?! That is an insult!!

All that anyone has done so far is complain about the ambiguity of language. There should be some way for us to be able to post diagrams around here.

I'll try express the following as simply as possible so there are no misunderstandings;
I think that there is no such thing as empty space anywhere. What seems to be empty space is filled with particles so small they have no (noticable) effect on atoms.
Any objections on that before I go on?

#3980 10/24/05 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
being an introvert is as good as being an extrovert or ambivert.Simple soul is no insult.
Simplicity exists everywhere if it doesnt then more reaserch needs to be done.
I think that there is no such thing as empty space anywhere.
REP: Empty Space-Time is no surprise.
Empty Space = No Energy.But as No Energy is not found anywhere within a finite time.
Thus is you want to achieve Emptiness you will have to collapse the measurement after Infinite amount of time.Steps to achieve it... stop making any measurements till the one day you measure NOTHING.;-)) Its no joke.
=====================================

#3981 11/09/05 12:41 PM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
I give up

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.