Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3906 10/11/05 10:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just read an article on magnetic fields and it's relation to brain damage.

I'm not a scientist and you will all probably laugh at my uneducated questions; however, I just want to buy a blow dryer and want to know if I should spend $169.00 for the Ag + Nano Technology Ionic Dryer.

I wonder if it's the same as the T3

These are listed on the ULTA website and the beautydeals.com website.

Anybody know if it's worth the extra money? Will it really make my hair more shiny and dry it much faster?

No brain here. Just looking to get shiny hair and save time by not having to dry it as long. That will leave me more time for sites like this!!!

CIAO!!

G
G
Exposure To Low-level Magnetic Fields Causes DNA Damage In Rat Brain Cells, Researchers Find
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/02/040219075606.htm

Welcome to Hair Dryers, Compare and Shop Hair Dryer
http://www.hdryers.com/index.html

I don't use a hairdryer Jill,
hope the link helps you.

U
Superstar
Superstar
U
All cosmetic claims are lies. It is a question of magnitude not kind. Anything that costs more than four times as much as its parts/labor/shipping is a loud scam. One doubts any hair dryer that can be lifted unaided costs more than $10 to construct and deliver to a store.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
Y
Y
For your amusement, here's the blurb on that hairdryer.

Quote:
The Special Nature of the Metropolis Ag + Nano Tech Ionic Dryer is created by combining Ag (Ag = Silver, an natural antibacterial agent) with ionic technology, producing a state of the art tool that emits negative ions in their finest, most beneficial form. Negative ions break apart water droplets allowing more water to be absorbed into the hairstrand. The result is shiny hair that is healthy and cleaner with a silky smooth appearance.

This powerful 1800 watt dryer dries hair fast, eliminates frizz, and leaves hair virtually humidity-proof. The Air-Vibro Nozzle creates ripples of air evenly distributing drying power to dry hair faster. Model includes 3 heat settings, 2 motor speeds, proppable base. 10 year limited warranty.

Bwa ha ha haaaa!!
G
G
Dr. Robert O Becker: Ionic Silver Research

"Dr. Becker first used silver in 1971. His experiments at this time focused on proving that minute amounts of electrical current could dedifferentiate cells and stimulate limb regeneration in rats."

This document highlights the scientific research of Dr. Robert Becker. Dr. Becker successfully proved the tissue healing properties of silver ions through laboratory studies and in-body experimentation. Author of Body Electric and Cross Currents, Becker has more than 30 years of medical research experience.

http://www.silvermedicine.org/robertobecker.html

Further Reading:

1. Becker, Robert O., M.D., William Morrow, The Body Electric, 1985
2. Becker, Robert O., Effects of Electrically Generated Silver Ions on Human Cells and Wound Healing, Electro- and Magnetobiology, 19(1), 1-19, 2000
3. Becker R.O., Spadaro J.A. ,Treatment of Orthopedic Infections with Electrically Generated Silver Ions J. Bone Jt. Surgery 60-A:871,1978
4. Becker, Robert O., M.D., The Effect of Electrically Generated Silver Ions on Human Cells, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Gold and Silver in Medicine, pg 227-243, The Gold and Silver Institutes, Suite 101, 1026 16th St., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036

Hope this helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends on what's important to you. Your hair will see the positive affects of this blowdryer but whatever you try to achieve also depends on other products. Contrary to what uncle al commented, the price on a lot of these manuafactured products derives from technology and research implemented by a variety of scientists, researchers, marketing people etc. The truth is the bottom line on higher end products is worth the price. Speaking as someon who just started using Mega Hot products combined with Ionic heat resistant spray, the difference in what my hair looks and feels like is 80 times better than before.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.