Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Offline OP
OP Offline
http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/2004/05/05/cx_pp_05053dtv_ii.html

"The HoloDeckTM Theatre is Holoverse's Dramatic Entry into the dynamic world of Real Space 3D -- a holographic environment unlike any you have every seen -- a walk-around, IMAX like space without any silly encumbrances like active glasses. Using our patented and pending Digital Holography System, the HoloDeck recreates the rays of light one would see from an imaginary view window. The HoloDeckTM Theatre employs our patented DHV? technologies." http://www.holoverse.com/hv_theatre1.htm

Sign me up.

Sincerely,

"My God, it's full of stars!" -2010
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I think it's a great idea, but I can't help but be reminded of Fahrenheit 451.

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
"It was the coolest thing I've ever seen, and I've been in technology for 20 years," says Andrew Shulklapper, an analyst with DisplaySearch, which is NOT doing or seeking to do business with X3D.

If it's that good why not?

But this looks so cool.

Spoken stories - Written stories - Radio - B&W TV - Colour TV - 3D TV - The Matrix.

'Mainstream within 10 years' - this stuff will fly off the shelves.

Regards,

Blacknad.

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
But will it keep people in their homes for good - no, but when we get full immersive, reality indistinguishable VR then I will be 'Blacknad - James Blacknad - with a license to kill'.

Why would people want real life, when we will eventually be able to do and be anything we want.

And we will star in our own real-life movies or tag along with Sam Neill as he visits Jurassic Park XVII and knocks the stuffing out of a diplodocus.

In fact I'll be a tyrannosaurus and go and slap up some brontosaurus.

No - I'll be the President of the United States, and in time honoured tradition, go and kick the crap out of some little country like Sweden - ' come on Volvo lovers, fancy a bit!!!'

No, won't bother with that - I'll be God and kick the crap out of George Bush.

No, I'll create my own planet and no-ones invited......

Tell me why anyone will ever leave their house?

Regards,

Blacknad.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.