Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 352 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3422 11/11/05 05:35 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
jjw004 wrote:
"Your approach to an interchange of ideas is to try to demean and belittle any one that you disagree with."

Not at all. I demean and belittle people that don't read and puff themselves up with self-annointed credentials while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

If you went to a credible source, name of book, author, page number, and cited information that supported your point-of-view I would respect you.

Your anonymous proclamation of nonsense as fact without even a faint-hearted attempt at providing a reference would be laughable if it didn't conform to the uneducated thinking of so many.

You want respect ... earn it. Use your real name.
Cite references, books, periodicals, credible web sites, etc. Want to try again?

1. In what field did you earn a PhD, MS, or BS?
2. In what peer reviewed journals have you been published?
3. Learn that your lack of understanding does not equate with something being incorrect.

DA Morgan
#3423 11/11/05 05:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morgan ,
Dont you respect me.
Havent I earned your respect.
Ask yourself sincerely.

Next please repect those who respect me.

Thats all.
You know what I am saying is right otherwise you would not have been there to listen more from me.
Truth attracts.It is the most powerful aspect of Nature.
It is more attractive than Love.

I do not intend to demean or anyone. It is just that I am good at few things.

#3424 11/11/05 11:16 AM
P
P
I will take the liberty and to give you y own piece of mind to your statements

dkv:"Dont you respect me."

You give me no reason to.

dkv:"Havent I earned your respect."

Not by a very long shot.

dkv:"Ask yourself sincerely."

I am.

dkv:"Next please repect those who respect me."

I have nothing aginst those who respect you. I am just very sorry to see them misled by your worthless rethoric.

dkv:"You know what I am saying is right otherwise you would not have been there to listen more from me."

You assign to condescendence meanings that it doesn't have. As far as ia m concerned, I am laughing at you, not with you, if you catch my drift. You are what is called the archetype of a pseudoscientist.

dkv:"Truth attracts.It is the most powerful aspect of Nature."

Well, I aggree that truth is the most powerful aspect of nature. However, what you are attracted to is not the truth, it is yourself. That is called narcissism, no matter how you want to disguise it.

dkv:"I do not intend to demean or anyone. It is just that I am good at few things."

For the time being at least, science is not one of those things you are good at. And from your rantings over time, I don't believe you are actually good at anything except patting yourself on the shoulder.

As far as demeaning goes, you practically insult everyone with your aberations.Especially those who don't know what you are talking about and are tempted to take your elucubrations at face value.

As I said before, read more, learn more, understand more. Then talk.

#3425 11/12/05 12:49 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
DA Rep:

Not at all. I demean and belittle people that don't read and puff themselves up with self-annointed credentials while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

jjw: What self anointed credentials? Did you read wherein I claimed to have special credentials, if so where? Who?s anonymous? On various occasions I have listed my name, my Web site and my E-mail address. I think that is plenty of sharing.

DA: If you went to a credible source, name of book, author, page number, and cited information that supported your point-of-view I would respect you.

jjw: I never sought your respect. How could that be my desire? I have read just about all of your posts and replies. You will likely respect people like yourself and that is not me. This entire exchange has grown out of proportion because I suggested that repulsive gravity was not proven, that is to me. We now know you rely on theory as being adequate proof albeit some authors stress it as theory and possibly related to dark matter or whatever.

DA: Your anonymous proclamation of nonsense as fact without even a faint-hearted attempt at providing a reference would be laughable if it didn't conform to the uneducated thinking of so many.

jjw: If we could stay on track we might quickly finish. I never said or intended to offer some mandated fact. I referred to gravity as an accepted attractive force and offered doubt that it was a repulsive force. You are the one offering theory as established fact, not me.

DA: You want respect ... earn it. Use your real name.
Cite references, books, periodicals, credible web sites, etc. Want to try again?
1. In what field did you earn a PhD, MS, or BS?
2. In what peer reviewed journals have you been published?
3. Learn that your lack of understanding does not equate with something being incorrect.

jjw: I long ago earned the respect of my professional peers. I do not seek special respect from any other source; especially you. There are no PhD?s and such in my portfolio and I am not published in science journals.

Now that you have vented your wrath I remind you that the Web sites I previously provided discuss the THEORY of dark matter and the prospect of repulsive gravity. I did not note any of them offering the topic as proven established fact. In the mind of DA Morgan it may well be established fact so I suppose you are out in front and you may want to alert the rest of those science types their search is over.
I give up.

You are right DA and I have wasted far too much time in this bottomless discussion.

James J. Wood, Sr. Member California State Bar, inactive. Specialized, 32 years in trials of Administrative Law matters, State and Federal. Not a qualified science expert.
jjw

#3426 11/12/05 01:50 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dvk asks:
"Dont you respect me.
Havent I earned your respect.
Ask yourself sincerely."

No.
No.
I did.

The only one impressed with you appears to be the person fawning over you in the mirror.

If you are over 18 years old you really need to seek counseling. If you are under 18 you really need to stop pretending that you are what you are not.

DA Morgan
#3427 11/12/05 05:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, you've exchanged insults, that's about enough. Let's get back to Science and try to remember this is a discussion forum and all are welcome to contribute. No slamming or hitting, please. And no more biting. Enough's enough.

"Amaranth"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.