Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Tutor and Rev,for taking an interest.(You've (Rev) only changed a couple of words and,if it makes it easier for you to read, well, that's great!)
Good questions, Tutor. Am I aware of enlightenment? Yes of course. I have never attained that state myself, but I have read that the EEG of people meditating is altered, so something is happening. And yes,I am referring to normal awareness.(BTW Kyra M and Kyra K are one and the same - so is Andrea) And Tutor, I did not know that reincarnation was a part of christianity until it was banned. Very interesting.

Megastar
Megastar
KM, thanks for your recent message in which you made the clarification that your question was for me, not DAM.

About Christianity: A growing number of Bible scholars are of the opinion that what we call "Christianity" is really the result of the teachings of Paul. In my opinion--no value judgment intended--it should be call Paulianity. Some scholars call it Paulinity.

See the book by Professor Barrie Wilson: How Jesus Became a Christian
http://www.barriewilson.com/hjbc.html
========================================

About meditation:
Have you ever tried meditating using deep breathing while focusing on the primary colours?

I use red to symbolize the physical body (the soma factor); yellow to symbolize the mental processes (the psyche factor), and blue to symbolize our oneness with all that IS (the pneuma factor)--body, mind and spirit. I do this every day, or anytime I feel the need. I also combine it with yoga.

Of course what we call white light is colour less to the naked eye. It contains all the possible colours of the full spectrum.

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/03/09 10:16 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Rev, I looked up unitheism without using the link you gave me, and chose a site which turned out to be yours(a bit of synchronicity) You look amazing for your age and you certainly have done a lot of work re your theories. Some of our beliefs are similar I think.
I will try the meditation as you suggested, focusing on primary colours. Thanks for that.
(BTW you spell colour with a 'u' like we do here in Australia)

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Kyra M
... You look amazing for your age ...
It amazes even me that for the just over forty years--1953 to 1994--I served as a minister, I did not have take a sick day.

Quote:
and you certainly have done a lot of work re your theories. Some of our beliefs are similar, I think.
Our beliefs are very similar, I agree and love that this is so.

You mentioned that, like me, you are interested in meditating on the primary colours--Yes, I like both (British or American) versions.

By the way, I have numerous British and American cousins. Also, I like to think that I have many cousins elsewhere, including Australia and New Zealand. I am also proud to say that, on their mother's side, my only three grand children have a Persian and Muslim ancestry.

I find true unity in the love of variety.
=========================================

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Last night on Sixty Minutes (current affair programme) there was a story about how dogs, dolphins and horses seemed to be helping children with autism. One child began speaking and interacting normally when riding with his father on a horse. Twin boys with autism behaved normally when accompanied by their specially trained dog. No one can explain/prove why this is happening. I think that through Threadism (remember I said animals may be joined more strongly by species - these, like us, are mammals) the centeredness and the living in the now of these animals somehow transfers to the children.
Wow, Rev, all those years without a sick day! Well done.

Megastar
Megastar
through Threadism (remember I said animals may be joined more strongly by species - these, like us, are mammals) the centeredness and the living in the now of these animals somehow transfers to the children.
Have you ever looked at the work of the great psychiatrist and hypnotist, Milton H. Erickson?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_H._Erickson

HYPNOSIS WITHOUT THE HOCUS POCUS
================================
I have studied ME's work and I use what I call pneumatherapy--a spiritually-based form of hypnosis. IMO, in the trance state, we, like animals, can consciously choose to link in harmony and compassion with one another. Then we can help one another--physically, mentally and spiritually.

All Great doctors--for example, Sir William Osler, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Osler
--have this special gift of healing. He called it: Having good bed-side manners. He helped people have faith in their innate self-healing powers. The great news is: All who choose the way of love (agape--the principle of the Golden Rule) can have this gift. smile

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/06/09 02:58 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sounds interesting. I will look up the link (thanks)
It is well known that patting an animal/pet actually lowers your blood pressure. And having a dog to take for a walk helps keep you on track regarding exercise.

A doctor with an understanding approach certainly gives one confidence in his ability (mind healing matter and believing in what he has prescribed - and that's how the placebos can be so effective)
Also giving the body time to heal itself often works.

Megastar
Megastar
Sounds interesting. I will look up the link (thanks) ...
A doctor with an understanding approach certainly gives one confidence in his ability (mind healing matter and believing in what he has prescribed - and that's how the placebos can be so effective)...
IMO, the use of placebos--meditating on that which is beautiful, good, true and loving--is a very effective kind of medicine.

BTW, there is an approach to using the placebo-effect, which shows people how to turn on the effect, themselves, without having to wait to be fooled by experts, doctors. and the like.

Meanwhile, have you heard about 'nocebos'? Can you guess what they are?

Here is help:
http://www.skepdic.com/nocebo.html

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/07/09 09:29 PM.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I looked up Milton and what I read I agreed with. He was truly a man ahead of his time. His ideas of metaphors for life, his belief that we all often experience a trance like state, his way of helping those with problems - borne out by his affecting their cure on many occasions.

I like analogies, too, as it makes one's point more clearly understood. To paraphrase what I said in my Concept of the Whole and Threadism, "Can it be explained how a colour television works to a horse? That is what we are up against when trying to discover the understanding of the Universe." Like the horse, we do not have the language or concept of such things outside our own limited dimensions of reality. But still we learn much.
Thanks for the link.

G
G
Hi Gregarach,

Thanks for that. I don't know. I wish I did. But an awareness which encompasses something as great as the 'Whole' would be a different one to this human awareness. Just as an ant's awareness is different to say, that of a dolphin. That doesn't answer your question: would we remember? But perhaps those things will not be so important to 'Us' then.

Thanks for your reply, Kyra.

Maybe you're right and the facts of our brief human lives will not be important when we return to the whole.

I guess each one of us will find out though. Or perhaps not?

Megastar
Megastar
Kyra, I posted the following on: 06/22/2009 20:51. It is a practical example of how, recently, I used pneumatherapy--the term I use to describe what I feel is similar to Ericksonian hypnotherapy.
===========================================================
AN ENLIGHTENING TWO HOURS AT A PAIN CLINIC--Experiencing and dealing with Physical, Mental and Spiritual pain
================================================
June 20, 2009--as our earth approached the summer solstice north of the equator--was, for me, a memorable one.

It began as a night filled with a deep, dark water-filled-overcast sky, which was punctuated with heavy showers--the result of a wide-spread thunder and lightening storm in the Toronto area. In the afternoon, I was expected to officiate at an open-air marriage ceremony at a golf club. Jean and I were invited to the reception following.

A PAINFUL EXPERIENCE

The night before, my wife and I went to bed with the hope that things would clear up by noon the next day. In addition, we both hoped that the niggling pain in her foot, for which she was being treated with electronic stimulation, would subside enough so that she could enjoy the ceremony and the dinner following, especially the dancing. Jean loves to dance.

Morning came. More rain, accompanied by more pain. To add to the pain my wife had, it seemed that even the elements were conspiring to create problems. In addition to this, Jean told me that she was in terrible physical pain, which was now located, not in her foot, but in her lower back and left leg. She told me that it was so excruciating she could hardly move her leg.

What to do!

I asked myself: WOULD I BE FORCED TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO THE WEDDING?
========================================================
At that point it looked to me like I was destined to officiate at the rained-on-and-late-afternoon wedding all by myself. Yes, I was free from physical pain, but I began to feel lots of mental and spiritual pain--pain originating in the psyche and pneuma. We argued with one another as to the best way to handle the situation.

I told her that what really bothered me was what I felt was her passive-dependent attitude towards authority figures--doctors and the like. In my opinion, we give too much deference to so-called experts--for example, doctors, lawyers, preachers, bankers and the like--can get us into all kinds of problems, especially if we are afraid to ask questions.

Me?

Not having met or spoken to her doctor, I said: I want to speak, personally, to Dr. Cheng, who operates a pain clinic, and find out what he and his clinic has to offer.

POSITIVE ACTION WAS REWARDED
==============================
After much personal wrangling, back and forth, we decided to make an appointment, as soon as possible, with Dr. Cheng. We phoned and, to my surprise with Jean on the line, I got through to his nurse right away. It was agreed that we could see him at 10:30.

At the consultation again I was pleasantly surprised. He told us that, while his approach to pain is based on the medical model--a somatic approach--he was not adverse to involving the mind (psyche) and the spirit (pneuma).

"Now and then" he said, "for interested patients, I give classes in tai chi--a kind of physical meditation which involves the mind and the spirit."

Then I told him about the classes in pneumatology (study of the spirit), which I gave all the years of my ministry. I said, "I did not just speak about the spirit; I included the mind and the body and I worked openly with doctors and other members of the healing arts." This conversation with Dr. Cheng was most positive one.

At this point, he greed to do acupuncture, plus using an electronic machine, on my wife. He also agreed to have me present and he allowed me chat with him and my wife as he did so. Touching the area of the spine and getting feedback from my wife he found the points where he chose to place the needles. A very efficient nurse assisted with the equipment. I explained to the doctor what I was going to do and got his permission as he went on to tend to other patients.

I BEGAN TO APPLY PNEUMATHERAPY
================================
To Jean I said: "you are already familiar with my use of the colours RED, YELLOW & BLUE.

"Now, do some deep breathing as you visualize RED ... (I gave her time to do so...)

"Now: Think of your heart and lungs, which are directly connected via the nervous system to the veins and arteries, and, in fact, to every cell of your body. They are working together, as you breathe, feeding and healing your whole circulatory system. This process is purifying the venous blood and creating lots of rich, red and warm arterial blood cells which are flowing to all the cells and nerves, calming them and healing them."

I then instructed Jean to do some deep breathing in her own time and let me know when she had finished...

USING THE COLOUR YELLOW, I followed the same process of having Jean do some deep breathing; but this time I said: "Think of your brain and nervous system, which extends to every cell--billions of them--in the whole body. Now do some deep breathing, focusing on the brain and the nervous systems--the central and voluntary system, by which we can consciously control all our voluntary movements. The autonomic or involuntary system--reacts to the way we feel or imagine things to be. You cannot directly control the beat of your heart, but it will beat faster if you see something frightening. The fear can be real, or imagined. You can control your breathing, but it too can be influenced by how you feel, emotionally.

"USING THE COLOUR BLUE, once again using the same process, as above, I told Jean:

"Pay attention to your breathing, but this time think of the spirit-like aura which extends beyond the body. It mediates who you are and how you relate to your family, your friends and community, including strangers.

"Now do some deep breathing focusing on the aura, which vibrates with colour-like vibrations not visible to the naked eye... Let me know when you are finished..."

The overall process, involving periods of silence, took about 25 minutes. When she finished her breathing, I called the nurse. Gently, she removed the needles and turned off the electronic device and told my wife to dress herself.

For the first time that day, Jean moved with relative ease. She was even able to stand, for some time, in line in another building where an X-ray was done. I wanted to know if there was much degeneration in her spine. Dr. Cheng agreed that it would help to check the structure of her lower spine where she had felt the worse pain.

We then went back to the house and she took the time to have lunch and rest. By four o'clock when we went to the wedding, all the pain had gone. This, thank G0D, held true for the rest of the evening.

About the weather: By the time the wedding was over--during which there was a heavy shower--things had calmed down. Because of this, people were able to have a drink and stroll the beautiful area next to the Club House while the couple had their photos taken.

Then the bride and groom, and well over 120 guests, sat down to an excellent dinner, followed by dancing.

It was a very pleasant evening. And the time since has been pain free.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Rev, thanks for sharing that with me. Fascinating, and I am so glad it worked.

Gregarach, In my theory of The Concept of the Whole and Threadism, I did not say this life would not matter when we fully became the Whole again. I think it matters greatly to the evolution and the experience of the Whole.
And death should not be viewed as a punishment. However, it should be avoided as long as possible!

Megastar
Megastar
INTEGRATION OF THE WHOLE PERSON
===============================
Kyra, since the 1930's even medical science has been willing to accept that much of our physical (somatic) pain and suffering is connected with what goes on in the mind (psyche). Thus they invented the term 'psychosomatic'--to describe the interaction of the mind/body.

However, IMO, there is another important factor, the pneuma (the spirit) factor. I know from experience that a sick spirit can invariably make for a very sick mind and body. A broken heart can be as deadly as a broken mind and body. Thus I like to use the descriptive term 'pneuma-psychosomatic', and to advocate the integration of pneuma, psyche and soma for the creation of WHOLEness.

In my humble opinion, many premature and tragic deaths--like that of the late Michael Jackson (and I can think of members of my own family, including my parents)--could be prevented if this were kept in mind, and in the spirit (the heart). There are no physical cures--like, for example, drugs, for a broken heart (spirit); it must be spiritual-based one.

G
G
Hi Rev, thanks for sharing that with me. Fascinating, and I am so glad it worked.

Gregarach, In my theory of The Concept of the Whole and Threadism, I did not say this life would not matter when we fully became the Whole again. I think it matters greatly to the evolution and the experience of the Whole.
And death should not be viewed as a punishment. However, it should be avoided as long as possible!

Hi Kyra,

I should have said that the facts of our lives might not be important to 'us' when we leave our earthly shells, if indeed we would be aware of them. I did not mean that they did not matter to the Whole.

And Rev, your comments are interesting but imo have strayed some distance from a discussion of Kyra's theory and properly belong in a thread of their own.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Gregarach and Rev,
Re my theory: (esp Threadism) I've just read about the Blue Tits of England. Before the second world war a small group of Blue Tits were discovered to have learned to peck through the foil lids of milk bottles, to get to the milk. It had never occured before. Within days people all over England were reporting the same behaviour from other Blue Tits(these did not have physical access to the first group) This is amazing enough in itself but then, during the war, all metal was needed so the foil lids were discontinued and, of course, the behaviour ceased. Incredibly though, after the war ended and the lids were reinstated, a whole new generation of Blue Tits began pecking into the milk bottle lids once again! It has scientists baffled but they do admit to some sort of energy force being involved (I call this connectedness Threadism - see original post)

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: gregarach
And Rev, your comments are interesting but imo have strayed some distance from a discussion of Kyra's theory and properly belong in a thread of their own.
Greg, I certainly like to stay on topic. Let's ask Kyra what she thinks and what she has in mind. As I understand it, her concept of "Threadism" is about the wholeness of life and how all the is, is interconnected--physically, mentally and spiritually. The question is: If this is so, what is the best and practical way to make use this phenomenon?

For example, do the billions of cells of our body communicate with one another? If so, when cells become unhealthy, lose their way and become cancerous, can we use our self-consciousness--the power to have faith, hope and love--to direct them to become healthy cells rather than deadly ones?

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/10/09 04:13 PM. Reason: to improve communication

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Okay, here is what I wrote in my original post.
(Please note that I was using an analogy when I said: "LIKE" tissue in the human body)

"Andrea asks: What about the nitty gritty matter, the blood and bone, leaf and fur, so to speak?
I answer: Mere packaging (and only a tiny 5% of all) and it is the way we (all living organisms) can abide in this environment.
Oh, that’s what you mean by the ‘shell’. But just how are we ‘connected’?
I think it may be through threads. Something similar perhaps, to radio waves (different frequencies and strengths) but the connection is like tissue (in a human body) we need it to be the ‘Whole.’
Let’s call this connection Threadism. Perhaps it is also part of what we used to call instinct and intuition.
So now, whenever I look at someone else, I remember that their Light matter and Light energy is our/my Light matter and our/my Light energy.
And when this body wears out I will still be, but with more awareness.
The awareness of the Universe.
The Universe or the Whole (except for the 5%) Yes, exactly. Not 'The' Universe but 'We' Universe."

Megastar
Megastar
... Let’s call this connection Threadism. Perhaps it is also part of what we used to call instinct and intuition.
So now, whenever I look at someone else, I remember that their Light matter and Light energy is our/my Light matter and our/my Light energy.... ... Not 'The' Universe but 'We' Universe."
Threadism, the Golden Rule and the Now.

THE UNIVERSE AS US
==================
I love living in the Now.
But let me make myself clear:
This doesn't mean that I find the Now
Always sensually attractive,
Or even likable.
There are times when I find
That the Now is miserable and filled with pain,
Including pain-filled people.
However, when I give the Now,
And all I find in it, Love,
I discover that Love, by the power of
Good will, respect and Compassion,
Changes all things, especially the self.
It is about living in the thread of Now.
Love works for the good in any Now.
We can all be at one with the Universe,
And live as agents of change, in the Now.
===========
BTW, feel free to join me at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=-3&i...73&l=ebcae3bf23

Last edited by Revlgking; 07/11/09 08:09 PM.
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Inspiring words, Rev. Thank you for that!

Another extract from my theory.
Andrea says: And I guess you don’t have to worry about death.
I say: Exactly, and it (this belief) makes you want to live.
How so?
Well, for the good of the Whole you want to enjoy and experience life as much as you can. And also learn from Karma.
Is all suffering Karma then?
No, not all. I think the only way we can control the 5% which is the actual matter and the elements too, which bring disaster (in our thinking) etc, is by collective learning. This learning has led us to manipulate our environment (and our lives). And we have learned by our mistakes and successes. We, the Whole, are not perfect or omniscient. Even though We are connected it does not stop people, microbes germs, elements etc from doing their separate thing, be it ‘wrong’ (by human standards) or just following their own nature. But of all the parts of the Whole, humans have had more influence/control over themselves and their own environment.

A
A
I don't honestly see why we need strings. Isn't gravity enough?

"The written word is a lie"
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.