Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 632 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2656 08/09/05 09:51 PM
M
OP Offline
M
When I want to clear the cobwebs from my brain, I take a walk. Actually I use about ten different methods, but this is my favorite. The blood pumps to the brain, the fresh air wakes me up, and my thinking becomes clearer quickly.

What works for the rest of you? I may use your ideas for my site, so thank you in advance.

A
asm Offline
A
I listen to brainwave entertainment. A good hour or so from Beta waves down into a Delta or low Theta works wonders for me.

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
One or all of the following;

1. Suddenly jolt myself or shout out loud or get up and run around the house (only when I am alone)

2. Splash myself with extremely cold water

3. Inhale tea

4. Draw or do something creative

5. Hypothesise on the mysteries of the universe

6. Meditate. I don't mean traditional, stereotypical meditation, I mean my version; you're supposed to imagine an empty space guarded by objects that batter away any songs or repetitive thoughts that lurk around in your mind. Of course, true emptiness is not achieved here because I am seeing the things that guard the empty space. The main thing is to stay focused on the space though. Or, you could imagine electrical signals going in two separate spirals in your brain. I like this one the most because if I do it right, I sometimes feel giddy or have the sense of expanding.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.