Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24404 01/09/08 01:45 AM
K
Kate Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately the server blew up and we have had problems with a corrupt backup. Consequently, we have had to restore from a December backup. Not great - sorry about this!

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

KM

Last edited by Kate; 01/09/08 01:47 AM.
Kate #24405 01/09/08 01:48 AM
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Hello Kate, Seasons Greetings to you.
Hope you had a great holiday
Backed up the board, and hopefully cleaned as well? Cheers

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

Kate #24406 01/09/08 02:45 AM
Megastar
Megastar
Are you kidding!
December 4th!

We had achieved a Grand Unification of sacred and secular.
We were about to see the solution to Global Warming.
...all that great writing, from pithy to voluminous, and from humorous to insightful; that can't be gone forever, can it?

...new people, new Topics, new revelations....

It all that lost forever; or are they working on the corrupt stuff. Even if it's not usable, can it be posted somewhere for us to browse through?

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
samwik #24407 01/09/08 03:11 AM
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Never mind-- we can do it all again--- but BETTER-- after the insights we had attained, the decisions we explored and the general brilliance of our conversations (now perhaps providentially) gone forever.

Here's to the 2008 enlightened S-a-Go-Go--and don't forget NQS too.

Ellis #24408 01/09/08 03:43 AM
Megastar
Megastar
I hope benito reposts those "light" summaries; they were great.
All the briliiance of those new folks too; I hope they have originals on their home computer.

I often compose ofline and then copy onto the post. I may have some of my posts "saved." If others do also; please look for an opportunity to repost them.

I also enjoyed the "camphor tree" thread way too much. That, I'm afraid, was a unique experience that will not be recaptured.

...iseldoff, alanejackson, polo, Mar., and Cur., and others too....

...shock, denial, anger... what are the 7 stages of grieving... frown

p.s. thankfully, not less pessimistic; or it'd be 6 month, and not just 6 weeks, lost.
...any chance of seeing shreds of the remains?

Last edited by samwik; 01/09/08 04:23 AM. Reason: p.s. added

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
samwik #24409 01/09/08 03:47 AM
Superstar
Superstar
Sorry to hear about the kerfluffle. Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups...:-)

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

K
Kate Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeah, we're pretty mad too. Particularly when you PAY to receive a service that doesn't actully work:-(

Kate #24411 01/09/08 06:27 AM
Megastar
Megastar
If someone knew a lawyer, maybe the server folks could be encouraged to see the moral and ethical benefit of spending the extra time and effort to retrieve as much as possible (often up to 90%, though unformatted and disjointed).

Is identifying these server folks forbidden by contract?

A good deal of promotion and praise could be generated on the web, if a company so impressed its patrons.

Mike Kremer #24415 01/09/08 02:44 PM
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Backed up the board, and hopefully cleaned as well? Cheers

Am I the only one to find that this board is far less disjointed, that the postings are now in their correct boxes?

I am afraid while Kate and Co: were on their holiday break the postings became indiscriminate and placed anywhere. Similar posts, upon the same subject, often finished up with two separate disjointed threads. Chaos...not a good example for the newbys on their school hols. It showed us all up.

Nothing is really lost apart from time.
Lost postings are still in the hands and mind of the writers, it can be written again sometime.
The board is far cleaner and box/neater now, its up to us writers to keep it that way, with a little help from Moderators?

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

samwik #24416 01/09/08 02:57 PM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Hmmmm....

ALL IS VAIN !!!

google has copys , yahoo has copys...

I will put up a copy from google that has been cached.

12-20-07

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
samwik #24458 01/11/08 06:08 AM
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: samwik
Are you kidding!
December 4th!

We had achieved a Grand Unification of sacred and secular.
We were about to see the solution to Global Warming.
...all that great writing, from pithy to voluminous, and from humorous to insightful; that can't be gone forever, can it?

...new people, new Topics, new revelations....

It all that lost forever; or are they working on the corrupt stuff. Even if it's not usable, can it be posted somewhere for us to browse through?
Hey, Sam. There may not be a personal God, but this seems to demonstrate that the Devil--the spirit which divides us from our good--is for real, eh? laugh
However, I do believe that, "In all things GØD--the spirit which is beyond things (physicalism) and persons--can work together for good."
BTW, talk about interest: I think there were over 170,000 clicks on the "Philosophy of religions..." thread. Dec.4, the count was 79,000.

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/11/08 06:11 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.