Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11660 08/20/06 05:33 PM
C
Curious Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Is my boyfriend an alien? He says he is. Talks about it all very seriously - well that and the fact that he is 400 years old and has has many past lives. He holds down an intersting job, is very sweet etc - but.....

J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Hi Curious:

This is the "science" forum not science fiction.

If you are actually serious you should post the details of your story. Your boy friend is from where, how did he get here, where was first, who else came along and most important all the details about the means of travel and control?
Actually I see the prospect as a bad joke.
jjw

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I see the boyfriend as terribly insecure, possibly in need of psychotherapy ... not for what he says but rather due to the motivation for saying it ... and this is going to end very badly, some day, for Curious who seems like a decent, though confused, person.

Aliens smart enough to get here.

Would be smart enough to not talk about it.

DA Morgan
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
http://www.genetree.com/ancestral/
http://www.genetree.com/ancestral/ancestryByDna.php

He's either got the usual genetic load or he does not. ~47 markers for each of the four major ancestral contributors. If he is an alien (giggle, snort) as opposed to a hornytoad he'll analyze as not being related to anybody.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Speaking of which ... has he ever donated blood? Gone to a dentist? Receive an antibiotic for an infection caused by an all too planetary illness?

Signs of male-pattern baldness? Normal testosterone primed reaction to you? Normal human body odor? Do his toe nails grow?

Curious ... apply some deductive reasoning here. This guy may be an amusement park ride ... but he is not boyfriend material.

DA Morgan
W
W
You know, Curious, there are a lot of very respectable "nuts" out there. A friend of mine, when I lived in Vancouver, BC, had two such patients. One was a high level official with the Liberal Party. He also claimed to be an Alien. The other was a member of the local School Board. He was a Vampire.

Apparently, some of us feel "different", disconnected from Humanity as adolescents. This feeling of disconnectedness can slowly evolve to a rationalization in some pretty peculiar manifestations.

I don't know if your post is serious or not, but I believe that you should think twice about a long term commitment here. Hey, he's TOO OLD for you! Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm a Werewolf, BTW.

C
Curious Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks everyone. I am serious - and confused! Of course I find this all very hard to believe - but I find myself thinking 'who am I to be so sure that he's stringing me along?'... he does it so well! But the questions about dentists/blood etc help - he has obviously used these and nobody, to my knowledge, has questioned if he is from another planet! Oh blimey I don't know. But yes, 400 years IS too old for me! Utterly bewildered and still unsure what to do.

L
L
Wow, Curious is serious. And still confused. Your boyfriend...
A) Needs to seek medical attention
B) Has a shady past, and therefore is trying to cover it up
C) Enjoys messing with your psyche

When you think about it, none of the aforementioned qualities make a good companion. Take my advice and ditch him, before he abducts you.

"A plague on both your houses!"
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
actually it depends on how serious the boyfriend is. it may be a fantasy, which he is only playing at it, just being very true to the character. If this is true, you might be the only one hes playing with. If he figures out that the game will come between you, he'll end it. Just be ready to leave if he's not playing or if he is so far into it that he will not let you risk his fantasy by leaving.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Curious wrote:
"Thanks everyone. I am serious - and confused!"

That part came through. But you don't sound like the type so desperate for a boyfriend that you are looking to sign up at the nearest mental-health clinic.

This guy has more and deeper problems than what you see. Run don't walk. And if you feel like you owe him one ... refer him to a competent psychotherapist.

DA Morgan
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Curious:

Your follow up comments convince me that either you are playing games, very ignorant, or making a dumb joke. Where are the details?

As an Alien myself I will know the truth.
jjw

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Illegal alien or do you have immigration papers? ;-)

DA Morgan
C
Curious Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm not playing games with you all. I was genuinely baffled as to what to do. what to believe, what to let go etc. I say 'was' because I think it's clear that I need to get out - 'before i'm abducted'!! The choices presented by JJW aren't very flattering - I guess I must be very ignorant as the other two suggestions aren't correct. Great! Thanks all.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I don't think you are Curious.

But alien boyfriend or not you had better learn to become more discerning when it comes to what is relationship material or you are going to end up with a very unhappy experience. And unfortunately some all-too-human child is going to get to share it with you.

You can make better choices: Do so!

DA Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.