Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous science fiction and short stories - 05/19/11 04:34 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to start a thread about short sci-fi stories. I love short stories and wanted to discuss them with some other like minded people.

I'll start by describing one of my favourite collections of short stories. It's called Litmus and rather than being by one author it's been written by a variety. What makes this collection special for me is that the writers actually worked with scientists so that there is a real sense of accuracy about the stories.

Anyway would be great to hear what you think about Litmus or about what your own favourite short stories are.
Good one Sarah, I see you have also started this topic on scienceforum.com.. smile

I'd like to start off with this topic by asking a simple science fiction question to everyone..

"What all would happen to an apple which is kept in a box, and all types of energy from the "box" were to be removed out??" smile
Hi sarah,
good one, I see you have posted the same topic on the other forum too.

well i'd like to start off with this topic by discussing about a simple topic with all.

"what would happen to an apple placed inside a box, and all types of energy is somehow removed out of the "box"??"

savvy??
Posted By: Orac Re: science fiction and short stories - 06/08/11 02:23 PM
It's not possible to remove all the energy from a box with or without the apple.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-researchers-create-light-from-almost.html

Will give you a background of why.

It may be too technical but there is energy even in a vacuum something many have suspected but recently shown.

So must our story be true and consistant with known science facts or can we lie?
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums