Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: DA Morgan Do you believe - 11/03/04 05:54 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6396422/

This much?

If ever evidence pointed clearly to a cognitive deficit.
Posted By: kit_kat Re: Do you believe - 11/03/04 07:13 PM
Could we be sure this is not a fake story to make fun with such category of believer people.
Perhaps not. It could be "logic" for them to believe in something who doesn't really exist and speaking to hungry lions is helpful somewhere.

Awesome. Can't understand the motivation.
Posted By: Kethrie Re: Do you believe - 11/03/04 08:48 PM
I react the same way as that lion when someone comes to my door peddling thier religion.
Posted By: Kate Re: Do you believe - 11/04/04 12:45 AM
Hee, hee, those lions can get a bit prickly when you start messing with their belief system.
Posted By: Uncle Al Re: Do you believe - 11/04/04 01:42 AM
1) Anything that supports religion supports religion.
2) Anything that ignores religion supports religion.
3) Anything that contradicts religion supports religion - test of faith!
4) Anybody who criticizes (1)-(3) is obviously unqualified to judge.

Why would anybody pull the git out of the lions' den? He was obviously in state of grace. God had a special plan for him. Let the worst proceed unaided and the best proceed unimpeded. Think of it as evolution in action.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Do you believe - 11/04/04 03:48 PM
I agree with you on this one, Al. The only rationale that I can see is that it would be bad publisicty for the zoo to let the little kiddies see too much reality.

This whole thread points to the problem with "believers"; they can become so deluded they believe they are ten feet high and bullet proof" and are completely immune to any rational or logical persuasion. It's almost like a form of schizophrenia induced by some rite or chant or over-input of data from the bible. I knew a born-again christian once. If he got more than 4 feet from the nearest bible he practically foamed at the mouth and started having withdrawal symptoms. Purely pitiful.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums