Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: paul Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/27/08 08:21 PM
Quote:
Dear Paul,

The Standard of the Total Solar Irradiance is 1366.75 W/m^2. From this amount, 683.5 W/m^2 are the non-monochromatic incident Solar Radiation upon Earth's surface, from which 1.28 W/m^2 is "stored" in ecosystems. If we talk about shortwave IR, then the Incident Solar IR upon surface would be about 341.75 W/m^2.

It would be fine if you suggest more appropiate titles for some articles. Thanks for your observation.

Best,

Nasif Nahle

Thank you Nasif for your reply.

elastiscity may become the norm in climate issues as climate norms will indeed be seen as literaly ripping the norms to shreads.

your elastiscity concerning the titles on your web site
is a sign that you believe this also.

what was is no more , and what is to be is something we can only see in satelight imagery.

I would like to sudgest that samwik be given a spot there to
relay some climate information.

the earth is not going to change its intended path without help from us.

we are the only ones that can change the intended path of the earth's climate , it is trying to cool down.

it is showing us its intentions , and giving us a clue of the things to come if we dont change.

and what are we doing , we are about to become involved in land grab wars for what oil is left !!!

Posted By: Amaranth Rose II Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/27/08 09:04 PM
Let's hold off on the personal attacks, Paul. This is a science forum, not kindergarten.

Amaranth
Posted By: Tutor Turtle Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/28/08 03:56 PM
What personal attack?

Posted By: Amaranth Rose II Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/28/08 04:18 PM
TT,
"I would like to sudgest that samwik be given a spot there to
relay some climate information."

That personal attack.
Posted By: Tutor Turtle Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/28/08 04:38 PM
Sorry I just don't see that as an attack. I really don't know where you are coming from.
Posted By: samwik Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/29/08 09:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
TT,
"I would like to sudgest that samwik be given a spot there to
relay some climate information."

That personal attack.

"...given a spot there to relay some climate information."

Perhaps this was a too subtle invitation to engage in rhetorical sparring, but I didn't see it as being too personal either, I think.

Perhaps the word "relay" is leading to some confusion here.

This may have started with my note about the need to, and my offer to, edit some of the Biocab site articles:
Starting with,
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=26338#Post26338
...and (for a complete history) including the final two posts from July 25th & 27th.

Thanks for the recommendation Paul; but short of editing work, all we can do is try to act as a clearinghouse for 'relaying' authoritative information, and hopefully contributing to a general overall understanding, by way of interpretation.
More later....

Thanks!
~ smile
Posted By: paul Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/31/08 02:34 AM
Im not even sure if I should reply to this.

If you think that I have worded my post wrongly then...

Excuse Me.

when I wrote
Quote:
I would like to sudgest that samwik be given a spot there to
relay some climate information

I was sudgesting that samwik be given an editorial position on his web site to cover climate issues.

He certainly seems to know the issues and on a broad scale.

there was no attack by me.

if you think that my post was an attack then delete it.

P.S.

Thanks TT and samwik

Posted By: Tutor Turtle Re: Nasif ... Solar Irradiance - 07/31/08 10:05 PM
No problem. I think Amaranth Rose is a bit dramatic or overly sensitive to be a moderator. But that'd be my opinion.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums