Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: John M Reynolds Hansen Frees the Code - 09/10/07 08:30 PM
Hansen has just released what is said to be the source code for their temperature analysis. The release was announced in a shall-we-say ungracious email to his email distribution list and a link is now present at the NASA webpage.
Posted By: Canuck Re: Hansen Frees the Code - 09/11/07 03:29 AM
It absolutely boggles the mind that people would actually call the science behind GW "peer reviewed".

This is the first time Hanson has EVER released the code for how he adjusts temperature data before making global average numbers. If the process has never been released, how on earth does somebody review it? I'm guessing Hanson's boss finally made him release it, after the recent error that Steve McIntyre found. "Peer review" didn't catch that 0.15 degree shift upwards in 2000, now did it?

I'm not holding my breath on waiting for the Hadley Institute to release their adjustment methodology, or even the raw data they use.

This doesn't just go against the peer review process - it goes against the scientific method!
Posted By: John M Reynolds Re: Hansen Frees the Code - 09/11/07 12:57 PM
"'Peer review' didn't catch that 0.15 degree shift upwards in 2000, now did it?"

Actually, it did. Steve caught it 6 years later though. smile
Posted By: Canuck Re: Hansen Frees the Code - 09/12/07 12:10 AM
Originally Posted By: John M Reynolds
"'Peer review' didn't catch that 0.15 degree shift upwards in 2000, now did it?"

Actually, it did. Steve caught it 6 years later though. smile

True enough smile
I do hope Steve publishes a paper out of all this work - it would make good reading for anybody
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums