Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: mcbanne Global Warming is the weather the only ..... - 01/18/07 04:30 PM
Is weather the only thing to worry about pertaining to global warming?
Animals are being affected by this and my worry is that we will see many key species become extinct or close to in the near future. Have people thought about this and how it will effect the world besides the weather?
Oviously some species of animals and insects who are kept in control population by these species will multiply. Once these animals loose their natural predators will we experience worldwide pestilence in the future? and have these things been taken into consideration by anyone?
mcbanne asks:
"Is weather the only thing to worry about pertaining to global warming?"

No. Not by a long shot. I am far less concerned by the weather than I am about the implications with respect to war, infectious disease, starvation, etc.
Not to kmention the movement of millions of refugees from low lying and other badly affected countries.
Yes it is the hole in the ozone layer that should have been fixed up by rockets replenishing it years ago, why the ice caps are melting faster, which will flood the world.

But it is likely their preditors will move from these rapidly increasing ocean levels as they have been, and move to higher groud too.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums