Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: DA Morgan Poll - 12/24/06 07:20 PM
I can't find anywhere in this new forum software the create a poll and something TNZ wrote has inspired me to ask: If you had the opportunity to get on a spaceship, tomorrow, and travel the galaxy visiting planets such as Mars, moons such as Europa, supernovae such as the Crab Nebulae, etc. But knew you would have to leave family and friends and never come back. And knew if was a one-way trip ... would you go?
Posted By: terrytnewzealand Re: Poll - 12/25/06 08:38 AM
What could I have possibly said that would lead you in that direction? Personally I don't think I would go on the trip. Certainly not these days. I like my comforts. Besides, we might run out of alcohol. (Christmas day is drawing to a close right now).
Posted By: Amaranth Rose II Re: Poll - 12/30/06 02:20 AM
Even worse, we might run out of chocolate!
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: Poll - 12/30/06 10:25 PM
I've got the most marvelous box of chocolates filled with scotch.
My house ... ten minutes ... or you'll be too late. <g>
Posted By: Blacknad Re: Poll - 01/01/07 08:56 PM
Hi Dan,

Great question.

I couldn't leave my three year old daughter no matter what the prize.

Also I think it would be a lonely, lonely experience that my sanity may not be up to. Or if I had company it would eventually become unbearable (not for me - for the other person) smile

Blacknad.
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: Poll - 01/02/07 05:04 PM
Ok ... what if it was an opportunity open to the family?

What led to me asking this question is the contrast between the dangers faced by those who "discovered" the Americas and those now who quiver and quake at the risk entailed in moving forward to the moon, mars, and beyond.

Personally? I'd rather die on mars than live on the earth.
Posted By: Amaranth Rose II Re: Poll - 01/03/07 03:26 AM
Would there be chocolate on Mars?
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: Poll - 01/03/07 05:00 AM
How much are you bringing? ;-)
Posted By: Amaranth Rose II Re: Poll - 01/04/07 01:27 AM
HOw much luggage am I allowed?
Posted By: terrytnewzealand Re: Poll - 01/04/07 10:38 PM
Amaranth, I see you're now a junior member. How did you manage that? Sounds like we'd need a lot of luggage, what with alcohol and chocolate. Mind you with that we mightn't need much else.
Posted By: Amaranth Rose II Re: Poll - 01/05/07 12:21 AM
Terry, I had to log in new when my old identity got destroyed in the changeover, that's how I'm a junior member. As I don't post very often, I'll be a junior member for a while until I get enough posting under my belt to be a regular member.

Alcohol is no problemm, it can be easily manufactured, remember the still on M*A*S*H. A few potato parings and some yeast and you're in business. Chocolate, now, that takes years just to grow the trees....
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums