Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Rallem Is Plasma the key to FTL Travel? - 08/20/08 10:15 PM
In the article discussing the string theory and a possible theory for traveling faster than the speed of light, it is said that with a high level of energy we could manipulate the extra spatial dimensions of string theory around a spaceship, and I read somewhere that the Russians were planning on building jet fighters which create a plasma barrier which should make it invisible to radar just like what happens to the space shuttle when it reenters Earth’s atmosphere. Could a plasma shield around a space ship block it off from the ten suspected dimensions of space and make it faster than light?

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20080711215055data_trunc_sys.shtml

Posted By: paul Re: Is Plasma the key to FTL Travel? - 09/12/08 01:47 AM
Quote:
I read somewhere that the Russians were planning on building jet fighters which create a plasma barrier which should make it invisible to radar

some say they also have invented a time machine.

why should they waste their time doing that when they can just go back in time and then back to the future?

why should I spend my time worrying about other people and the types of airplanes they have anyway?

I dont believe that I am responsible for their actions nor do I believe that what they do will affect me , so why should I care about them or what they do?

how do you know that it should make it invisible to radar?

Posted By: yourmaker316 Re: Is Plasma the key to FTL Travel? - 11/27/08 05:23 PM
Yeah I'm agreeing with paul. If some one has the ability to rip through dimensions why would any one truly care about going from piont A to piont B.

Russian-shmussian. That's like saying Elvis is alive.....or is he with this idea.
Posted By: worldmaker Re: Is Plasma the key to FTL Travel? - 03/30/09 04:43 PM
Try superconductivity.
Posted By: StormHammy Re: Is Plasma the key to FTL Travel? - 06/29/09 05:57 AM
dang would be awesome if humans could travel faster than light. but a lot of questions would arise such as like where would we go? and how we would sustain travel for long periods of time. X_x'
well plasma might not be the answer though Ion engines exist unfortunately the thrust produced by such engines is rather low. good for long distances apparently. O.o'
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums