Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Bill Proof: The Multiverse is Real - 11/24/11 03:55 PM
Here in the USA we have Thanksgiving Day, and with it we get the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, live on TV. This year CBS TV is carrying the parade live from 8:00 to 11:00 CDT. NBC TV is carrying the parade live from 9:00 to 12:00 CDT. They are obviously broadcasting from different universes with a one hour time difference.

Bill Gill
Posted By: Orac Re: Proof: The Multiverse is Real - 11/24/11 05:16 PM
I am sure our resident QM oh I mean RM expert can explain it to you that it's just a finite state of randomness whistle
Posted By: Ellis Re: Proof: The Multiverse is Real - 11/24/11 08:08 PM
Oh come on! I live in a state of complete multiverse randomness then. I live in your tomorrow, your today is my yesterday.In my world the the Twin Towers fell at 11pm, President Kennedy was killed on Saturday (I was never able to understand why there were so many businesses open on a Saturday) and for me it is now the 25th of November!

With all that confusion it is only a small step for Macys to discover the alternate universe that was lurking there all the time (IN THE SAME TIME ZONE) and winkle 2 extra hours for the same parade for the same money. Very clever!
Posted By: Orac Re: Proof: The Multiverse is Real - 11/24/11 11:20 PM
Well we used to believe it was the waveform collapse from the group of probabilities (I am an old copenhagen lover) but apparently it's proven the quantum levels are random.

As we no longer have a stable ground state but that ground state must be by definition a random quantum level moving about then we have no basis to have a baseline on anything.

Hence the wobble in time is a scientific fact as proven by the resident finite RM expert.

Bill's observation is a simple confirmimg of that scientific fact from finite RM theory.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums