Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/17/06 05:56 AM
Hello All

Our sun and solar system evolved from the last probable phase of star formation of our existing sun.
The sun went through a critical phase of Iron/Silicon burning creating a supernova that exploded the existing sun. These debries created the planets and the remaing matter compacted to form a neutron star some 5 billion years ago. Dating of Mars and asteroids and so on confirms this dating.
That neutron star produced a new solar envelope. The energy coming from the neutron core plus the release of neutrons from the core fusing to give a secondary energy release.
Sorry I kept it simple for now.
Posted By: dehammer Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/17/06 08:51 AM
thats one theory. another is that a passing star caused the material to be pulled out of the sun into the orbits. considering no one knows how long it would take for that material to be spread and now long it would take, there are a couple good canidates, and there is always the possiblity that it was a black hole.
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/17/06 09:30 PM
and there is always the possibility that it was the magical work of the invisible purple rhinoceros.

Black hole? Surely you jest. Dusk disks around stars are almost as common as photons.
Posted By: jjw Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/17/06 11:07 PM
Hi Harry:

Is what you are offering a theory of yours, something you have learned and want to share or is it intended to inform us of what really happened in the origins of our Solar System?

You make the statement like it was established fact and not everybody would agree with it and that is why I ask.
jjw
Posted By: dehammer Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/18/06 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
and there is always the possibility that it was the magical work of the invisible purple rhinoceros.

Black hole? Surely you jest. Dusk disks around stars are almost as common as photons.
nope i jest not. the theory may not have a lot of backing, but it exist.
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/18/06 07:28 AM
dehammer wrote:
"the theory may not have a lot of backing, but it exist."

So does the invisible purple rhinoceros.
Posted By: dehammer Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 06/19/06 05:53 AM
and likely is just as valid as a theory.
Posted By: Tim Re: Origin of our Sun and Solar System - 08/29/06 05:33 PM
I agree with DA
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums