Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Oriental Medicine and Parapsychology - 11/05/05 11:54 AM
Does anybody know if there is actual scientific proof whether chakra therapy, parapsychology (scientific investigation into events inexplicable by natural laws), and oriental and crystal medicine are real?
I've encountered one paper discussing a quantum model of telepathy, concludin it is superluminous and non-electromagnetic, etc. in connection with my finding something to read on the validity of the topics I said above.

Any comments/posts appreciated.
Posted By: Uncle Al Re: Oriental Medicine and Parapsychology - 11/07/05 09:52 PM
Are the Keebler Elves real? If not, from where do their cookies originate?
Posted By: Garry Denke Re: Oriental Medicine and Parapsychology - 11/08/05 07:02 AM
Parapsychology...

Janine Melnitz: Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
Winston Zeddemore: Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Oh my God. Look at all the junk food.
Dana Barrett: No. No, Dammit. Look this wasn't here...
Dr. Peter Venkman: You actually eat this?
Dana Barrett: No, this wasn't here. There was nothing here. There was this... space, with a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around it, and they were growling and snarling. And there were flames, and I heard a voice say "Zuul" I mean it was right here.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Well I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any reading.
Dana Barrett: Well are you sure you're using that thing correctly?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah, Its not... I mean I think so, but I'm sure there are no animals in there.
Dana Barrett: This is great. Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy.
Dr. Peter Venkman: [s m i l e s] I don't think you're crazy.
Posted By: Kate Re: Oriental Medicine and Parapsychology - 11/08/05 07:25 AM
M,

At least you posted your query to the right forum!

I'm not sure I can help with your request but someone did send me something about Phantom DNA the other day (http://twm.co.nz/DNAPhantom.htm). The effect hasn't been replicated anywhere else, soooooo, draw your own conclusions there.

It seems to be that most of this stuff comes from obscure Russian scientists who may or may not exist.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums