Science a GoGo's Home Page
The invisible war is now being fought, "us" against "them".

The main theatres of this war are Life*on*Mars and Super*Strong*AI.

The proof of Life and possible Civilization on Mars is being ignored, development of the Strong AI is being sabotaged - on the scientific and media levels.

The two war theatres have one thing in common: they involve challenge to the uniqueness of the life and of the intellect of ours.

Well, uniqueness of our place in the World, is one of the common contentions between old culture and new culture, since the dawn of humanity.

ES
So what theater is this movie playing in?
Quote:
Originally posted by dr_rocket:
So what theater is this movie playing in?
The reality is so much like a movie smile If you remember Bradbury smile

ES
"The two war theatres have one thing in common: they involve challenge to the uniqueness of the life and of the intellect of ours."

Intellectual life is not unique.
It's only less abundant compared to other forms of life that may exist in the Universe and it exist on a variety of levels throughout a time span.
Posted By: jjw Re: THE WAR "US" vs "THEM" HAS ALREADY STARTED - 05/23/06 12:13 AM
Extrasense:

What proof is being ignored about life on Mars or any where else?
jjw
Quote:
Originally posted by jjw004:
Extrasense:

What proof is being ignored about life on Mars or any where else?
jjw
Are you kidding??? The Martian pyramids, the crystal city, the bust of Pee Wee Herman's face, the...

Did you hear that? Gotta go. One of the black helicopters just went by. I have to put on my foil helmet.
Agreed soilguy. We really should take away some of these folks right to reproduce and vote.
yours would be the first.
dehammer wrote:
"the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything."

Nonsense. The more we learn the more we realize there is to learn ... and the more the ignorant will attempt to substitute faith for knowledge.
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything."

Nonsense. The more we learn the more we realize there is to learn ... and the more the ignorant will attempt to substitute faith for knowledge.
i dont remember who that quote was from, but it was a famous scientist.

the reality is that the more they learn, the more the scientist realise that there is so many more question we still have to find the answers for. there is nothing wrong with not knowing, but there is a lot wrong in not looking for the answer.
dehammer wrote:
" dont remember who that quote was from, but it was a famous scientist."

Science is not faith based. We do not bow down to, or worship, those with good public relations agents.
Quote:
dehammer wrote:
" dont remember who that quote was from, but it was a famous scientist."

Science is not faith based. We do not bow down to, or worship, those with good public relations agents.
what does this have to do with either my quote or this subject. i never said anything about there being faith in science, nor did i claim anyone worship them or not. i do not see where this is coming from or what it has to do with anything save to see your name in an arguement. are you simply trying to make ppl mad?
It means your quote is incorrect and that it is irrelevant who may or may not have said it.
how can you say its incorrect if you dont have a clue who said it.
It is incorrect if it was said by Albert Einstein
It is incorrect if it was said by Mahatma Ghandi
It is incorrect if it was said by Jesus Christ
It is incorrect if sung by a choir of angels

Who was incorrect is irrelevant.

Science does not work by pontification of those with the best public relations agent.
Quote:
It is incorrect if it was said by Albert Einstein
It is incorrect if it was said by Mahatma Ghandi
It is incorrect if it was said by Jesus Christ
It is incorrect if sung by a choir of angels

Who was incorrect is irrelevant.

Science does not work by pontification of those with the best public relations agent.
a choir of angles would have said that they have all the answers just listen to them.

JC would have said god has all the answers, just listen to him.

i suspect that Mahatma Gandhi (you really should learn how to spell someones name before using him as an example) would have said the answers are not important, that it was mans desire for them that was.

Albert Einstein would have said the answers were all relative.

you still don't get the answer at all.

what that means is that the more we learn the more we understand that there is more to learn, so much that we have not even the slightest hint of what questions to ask. ANY REAL scientist would understand that. Just because we acknowledge that we don't know it, that does not mean we don't strive to know it.
Neither the choir of angels or Jesus Christ knew that mouldy bread was a source of penicillin and could save the lives of people with infections or even what an infection was.

Your "all knowing" mythological beasts were dumber than dirt.
1) they were not my ""all knowing" mythological beasts", im a witch.

2) how do you know they did not know. were you there to ask them. perhaps they did not say anything because no one asked them. or perhaps man was not ready for that knowledge. penicillin has to be injected with a needle, so if a needle does not exist that would administer it, what use would it be. if you did not have the equipment to make a needle, what use would that knowledge be.
dehammer wrote:
"im a witch"

How long have you been a woman?

and dehammer asks:
"how do you know they did not know."

Oh I see ... they knew it and didn't tell anyone. Even richer! The son of god and prince of peace knows how to save the lives of hundreds of millions of innocent children but decides not to. Well if that thought doesn't overflow with love for mankind I don't know what does.
Quote:
dehammer wrote:
"im a witch"

How long have you been a woman?
boy can you show your ignorance any worse. just be cause Christians claim that all witches are female, does that mean you are a christian.

Quote:
and dehammer asks:
"how do you know they did not know."

Oh I see ... they knew it and didn't tell anyone. Even richer! The son of god and prince of peace knows how to save the lives of hundreds of millions of innocent children but decides not to. Well if that thought doesn't overflow with love for mankind I don't know what does.
you missed the rest of that. what good would it do to teach mankind something they were not ready to learn. what good would it do to explain all of the modern health care things to ppl that had no access to it. If you don't have a syringe, what good would it do to explain to ppl that they need to take shot. your forgetting that at that time, everyone believe that the gods had control over every aspect of their life. taking medicine would have required a belief that they could take responsibility for their own life and health. that is something that required christianity many centuries to install.

think of this. before ww1 many countries were more than willing to impose their will on other countries by force yet there were none who would tell them to back down with the same size force, no peace keepers. imagine if Hitler had had several centruies of medicene and the accompaning understanding of germ and germ use. By the time that the us got into the war, much of the thrid reich's plan for genocide would have already have been accomplished.
dehammer wrote:
"what good would it do to teach mankind something they were not ready to learn."

In the middle ages in Europe people figured out how to put mouldy bread on open wounds to prevent infection. They didn't know about bacteria. They didn't know about penicillin mold. But they weren't so ignorant they couldn't use what they were taught.

Are you really going to claim that humans in the first century were too stupid to let bread get mouldy and put it on open wounds?

Perhaps you are?

Which leads to the proposition that the god that created them created them too stupid to learn anything until science, presumably atheist science, came along.

You remind me of a great quote:
"Truth often suffers more by the heat of its defenders, than from the arguments of it opposers.
~ William Penn - Fruits of Solitude

Your defense does more damage to your cause than would agreeing with me.

BTW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlock
Try education.
roflol do you really think that you, who have know knowledge of a subject can teach someone that practices it. yes, its a very common conception by many ppl that are not in wicca that warlock is a male witch. some ppl actually beleive that the term benadict arnold is a complement too. its the same thing. that does not make it correct.

wicca is about peacefully using the energy of the universe. a warlock might have magic, but he or she would use it for harm. why do you think the part that is the same as armed conflict comes in. its because a warlock uses his power to harm or control others. a witch that follows the witches rede would never do that if he or she could avoid doing harm. why? becuase what he or she does comes back at him or her times threes. If i used my witch craft to cause you to stop spelling correctly, i would have the same problem for much longer or much worse. a warlock would not believe that would happen or would believe that he or she could deflect it.

as far as for the first century christians, maybe they knew that, but the knowledge was lost due to lack of understanding. who knows. thing is it does not matter. maybe your right and he was not as good a guy as he was made out to be. youll have to discuss that with the christians.

what does that have to do with what we were discussing earlier.

once again you have proven that you are the master of the misdirections. IF you cant dazzle ppl with your knowledge (lost that fight a long time ago) baffle them with bs (ive seen too much to be baffled that easily) or insult them long enough and they will leave (failed to chase me away). if all else fails attack in a different direction and change the discussion.

ps, maybe you should learn to read things before you post a link.
quote:
Warlocks are, among historic Christian traditions , said to be the male equivalent of witches.

which do you think should be the defining authority, the person doing it or the group that considers them to be the enemy.

quote from your link: As used by most Wiccans and witches, the term warlock refers to a witch who has been expelled for breaking oaths, revealing secrets, working black magic or committing some other betrayal. does this say anything about warlocks being male?
dehammer wrote:
"wicca is about peacefully using the energy of the universe"

And there I was ignorantly thinking it was about people who can't get along in society with other people finding a cult so they would have a sense of belonging where they clearly don't fit in.

And what historical example, anywhere on the planet, can you point to that demonstrates that anything positive has come of your cult? I mean other than selling books and collecting money for the self-annointed leaders?
i cant believe you finally admitted to being ignorant about something. don't worry, ignorance can be cured, unlike the stupidity of not being willing to admit that you don't know everything.

how about the fact that it is several thousand years old, yet has never incited a single war, unlike many of the modern religions?

a cult is something that is recent, such as christianity, not something ancient like Wicca. granted the revival of it and the version of it that is used most of today is different than that used before Christ, since much of that knowledge was lost due to christian being deceived by the church leaders into believing that witches were evil.

by the by. i live in a city of more than 500000 people and several of our city council members and business leaders are pagan. we have no problem getting along with society, as long as that society does not assume that we are evil just because we are different. After all, we are part of that society.
dehammer wrote:
"i cant believe you finally admitted to being ignorant about something."

What is your native language? Certainly not English.
I was referring to you.
Oh Dehammer...you broke the cardinal rule of Science A Go Go...never tell DA your personal belief system.
Now he's got something to bite into.

And I really liked the post you did a little while back imagining the choir of angels saying that they have all the answers if we listen to them.

Could be where true inspiration including scientific inspiration comes from...listening to angels (whatever their true nature...I don't think long white gowns and white wings...maybe invisible purple rhinos..definitely invisible whatever they or it is)
I agree with you Justine that if I thought dehammer was a true believer in whatever I'd beat him severely with it.

Truth is I think he is just floundering around and doesn't really believe in anything other than not reading books.
Quote:
dehammer wrote:
"i cant believe you finally admitted to being ignorant about something."

What is your native language? Certainly not English.
I was referring to you.
perhaps you should learn english.

you said "And there I was ignorantly thinking...".

this appears to be english, and it appears that you admitted that you are ignorate about this. the real fact is that you have shown yourself to be ignorate. yes, there are a few antisocial people and people that cant get along with society in the craft, but then again, the same can be said of all religions, including athieism. the fact that you used a link that supported my side of the arguement as an arguement against me (total failure) and could not even see that, just shows how little you understand anything.

unless im mistaken this is the 5th link you have posted as an arguement about something that actually supported the opposite side of the arguement. how stupid is that. that is not ignorance, thats not using the grey matter between your ears.
Quote:
Originally posted by Justine:
Oh Dehammer...you broke the cardinal rule of Science A Go Go...never tell DA your personal belief system.
Now he's got something to bite into.

And I really liked the post you did a little while back imagining the choir of angels saying that they have all the answers if we listen to them.

Could be where true inspiration including scientific inspiration comes from...listening to angels (whatever their true nature...I don't think long white gowns and white wings...maybe invisible purple rhinos..definitely invisible whatever they or it is)
thanks, but he can bite all he wants. he just thinks he has fangs. in reality, all they are is weak imagined fangs, with little ability to do any damage.

invisible purple rhinos... invisible angles... greater mind ... universal mind ... unseen spirits ... what difference does it matter. there is something that helps us. believe what you want what they are. even coincidences if that is all you can see. We must all face the truth in our own way and manner, finding our own path to it, or we must run from it all of our lives, never to know the peace and power it has.
Quote:
I agree with you Justine that if I thought dehammer was a true believer in whatever I'd beat him severely with it.

Truth is I think he is just floundering around and doesn't really believe in anything other than not reading books.
bring it on. the only way you have any hope of beating me with it is to learn what it is i believe. that means you would have to learn something that has the potential of improving your life. anything short of that will just destroy what little credibility you have left.
dehammer wrote:
"perhaps you should learn english."

Perhaps you should learn what SARCASM is!
i feared you were being sarcastic, but i gave you the benefit of the doubt and went with the possibility that you were actually smart enough to realise that you could be wrong.

if the statement was actually an admission of ignorance, id would have been more than happy to cure that ignorance or at least help you with it.

Since it appears that instead it was from a conceited belief that you knew more than someone who actually uses the knowledge, then that is something only a doctor can cure.

or death.

perhaps your statement in another thread that christianity has brainwashed people has more validity that i knew. YOU have certainly fallen under their teaching.

i warned you, trying to beat me on this with no knowledge is a sure way of making yourself look more foolish that you have, which is hard to believe is possible.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums