Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/03/04 02:08 AM
Ok guys...My chemistry teacher asked the class to find out why the elemnts together SO3 is nonpolar... she seems to believe its polar and i need help. If u have a definate answer and reason why it is polar/unpolar please reply.

thank u
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/03/04 04:57 AM
Can anyone show me how to do Lewis dot structures in this medium?

Of course, the querent could simply go to any good search engine and ask for informations about sulfite ion, or sulfitic acid or sulfur trioxide and try exercising their own gray matter a bit. That would be the best thing to do.
Posted By: Uncle Al Re: SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/04/04 02:20 AM
Sulfur trioxide is a planar non-polar resonance hybrid, O2S(+)O(-), of three identical limiting structures. What's the matter boy - can't draw a Lewis dot diagram? Then fail chemistry.
Posted By: Andreea Re: SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/06/04 12:50 AM
ha-did that stuff last yr. look in your textbook.
Posted By: asittler Re: SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/10/04 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Andreea:
ha-did that stuff last yr. look in your textbook.
^^^ English for:
"You are so unobservant. I did that junk last year in a chemistry class. Not that that was relevant, but it gave me a reason to gloat over you. Go RTFM, dipsh*t."

Now now, children. Play nice.

For reference, I took Chemistry 1 2 years ago, and I remember most of it but did you see me tell that poor kid to go consult a textbook? NO!
Posted By: Andreea Re: SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/13/04 02:15 AM
its easier than explaining it. my teacher was horrible and i didn't learn anything. but the textbook helps..chemistry is one subject i wish i understood.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SO3, the element.. please help me - 12/13/04 05:24 AM
I know a couple of good tutors. wink
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums