Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Five Deep-Sea Fish on Brink of Extinction - 01/06/06 01:58 AM
"Researchers examined surveys of roundnose grenadier, onion-eye grenadier, blue hake, spiny eel, and spinytail skate in the northwest Atlantic Ocean."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&am...inkofextinction
Posted By: mark5 Re: Five Deep-Sea Fish on Brink of Extinction - 01/06/06 08:38 PM
evolution in action
evolution in action

- I presume it was no more than a throw away remark, but the difference between animals instinctively killing the competition, is a world away from 'thinking' humans choosing not to care about other species they share the planet with.

Blacknad.
Posted By: david Re: Five Deep-Sea Fish on Brink of Extinction - 01/14/06 02:16 PM
Hello Rose
I feel extinction is a big word unless a strategic plan is devised to conserve these animals. Usually when animal suffers the ultimate breeding difficulties they tend to switch over to another place or eventually they give up thus declining their population. May be the prey-predator relation is yet another account. If Government takes steps to bring into conservation policy for these policies, we researchers can help them to fight against these problems by restoration ecological methods or Genomic restoration by Chromosome manipulation methods
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Five Deep-Sea Fish on Brink of Extinction - 01/14/06 09:21 PM
It would be nice to see Science doing something besides mutely standing by and watching the demise of species after species due to our innate greed. I don't know how these fish are caught, but a catch and release program might be a start. Like the coelacanth project.
Posted By: david Re: Five Deep-Sea Fish on Brink of Extinction - 01/16/06 07:49 AM
Yeah Science can take over the natures impact thus subsidising the endangered or critically endagered population. But how long will people will catch the breeders and small sized fishes (which every government announce every fisherman). Even they have a particular breeding season when these people can avoid fishing or just catch and release the fishes if they feel they are of breeding size or even smaller size not fit for consuming. HUmans has that all in their hands of ravaging the nature sourrounding them
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums