Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: bradp absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/21/05 06:14 PM
is this possible?? If I have a room with noise is it possible to have noice in one half of the room and silence in the other nutralizing sound waves in the middle of the room?? Have you ever heard of this?? sorry about the english.Brad from Holland
Posted By: bradp Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/23/05 09:07 PM
guess its not the room for this subject but I have heard it is possible and they are working on this in China.Just imagen it will change the world
Posted By: RM Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/26/05 01:58 AM
Got a link?
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/26/05 05:09 AM
Is it possible? It is sold commercially by Bose. And has been for years. In fact I have a pair of 'em I wear routinely when flying. ~$300 retail.
Posted By: bradp Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/26/05 07:06 PM
Let me get this straight you have the ability to nutralise sound (waves) in an open space with sound waves???? for $300 and GE and Telefonica have just pumpt 800 million euros in this project. Are you drunk?? this would and will change the world as we(maybe not you!!) know it
Posted By: Uncle Al Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/26/05 09:23 PM
I thought it would be interesting to have such headphones for a dentist's drill, to cancel the screaming whine. The required sampling rate is too high. I tried disposable foam ballistic earplugs and they work quite well - you can then clearly hear the tooth being ground away. It's not an improvement.
Posted By: DA Morgan Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/27/05 05:43 PM
http://www.ohgizmo.com/2005/01/26/bose-noice-cancellation-that-actually-works/

And apparently the price has dropped a dollar to $299.
Posted By: bradp Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/27/05 10:26 PM
DA Morgan I hope you are happy with your "really spongy earbuds" but that was not the question. Could you please answer if you think it is possible or not and your reasons.
Posted By: bradp Re: absorbe soundwaves with soundwaves - 12/27/05 10:59 PM
DA Morgan try www.school-for-champions.com/science/noise_cancellation.htm
some resources but no answer to my question.
Is it possible to have noise in one half of the room and no noise in the other half of the same room using or placing a piezoelectric devices?
(cancellation in air)
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums