Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Bill Paul will probably like this - 05/09/14 02:25 PM
Texas Town Has Healthy Turnaround
A special report on local TV station KOTV. The reporter visited Marshall, Texas to report on a health turnaround for a lot of people. They changed to a healthy diet and regained their health. They lost weight, lowered their cholesterol, lowered their blood pressure, and their diabetes went into remission.

Bill Gill
Posted By: paul Re: Paul will probably like this - 05/09/14 09:35 PM
a whole town made up of smart smart people.

theres a lot of money to be made if people choose to only
eat healthy diets.

thanks Bill that was refreshing.
Posted By: Bill Re: Paul will probably like this - 05/10/14 01:20 AM
It shows what you can do if you really stop and think about it. This wouldn't be the answer to all medical problems but it works for a lot of the ones that we have problems with nowadays.

I think the biggest problem for most people is just getting the right mind set to attempt this kind of a diet. I know I like meat, and that diet was low on meat. Not a problem really, as long as you make sure you get enough protein. And I expect an occasional hamburger, or steak would be ok.

And some people might have problem implementing the diet. If both a husband and wife work outside the home then they can run into a time problem. Cooking does take time, and when you come in from work and have to do everything in a hurry you can get impatient and start reaching for the fast processed food. It might be especially a problem for single mothers working 2 minimum wage jobs.

Bill Gill
Posted By: Bill S. Re: Paul will probably like this - 06/08/14 12:37 AM
Paul will probably like this too.

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ab-geology&tid=2409
Posted By: Bill Re: Paul will probably like this - 06/08/14 02:42 AM
Paul might like it, but it reads like gibberish to me. He makes some suggestions that don't have any apparent rationale, other than a desire to 'explain' Genesis.

Bill Gill
Posted By: Bill S. Re: Paul will probably like this - 06/08/14 02:12 PM
Agreed, I think Paul can do a better job when he avoids getting personal.
Posted By: Bill Re: Paul will probably like this - 06/08/14 02:53 PM
I've been thinking about that link a little bit. I think that, if you don't believe Genesis, there is a very simple and human explanation for all the stories in Genesis. They started off as simple tall tales. You know: "When I was young we walked to school through 5 feet of snow." "You should have seen the one that got away." "You call that a flood, you should have seen the one my grandfather talked about." And so on. Very simple and very human.

Bill Gill
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums