Science a GoGo's Home Page
Dubai, is fast becoming a top tourists resort.
With its huge ultra modern marble shopping Malls filled with the latest gadgets of everykind.
Where even the workers wear heavy gold watches, and supervise the robot cleaners.
Thought you might like to see the Worlds Tallest
Building , "The Burj Dubai" now being built in the middle of an artificial lake.
When complete in 2010 it'll be over 2,300 ft high.
Special double lifts will wisk you up 160 floors.
Now for the picture:- http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=260000
I would have to ask why a tall building and lots of shopping malls makes it a "top tourist resort"?

Does it not seem rather silly to build such a tall building when land in Dubai is so plentiful (unlike Manhattan or Hong Kong)?
Quote:
Originally posted by Kate:
.....why a tall building and lots of shopping malls makes it a "top tourist resort"?
Does it not seem rather silly to build such a tall building when land in Dubai is so plentiful (unlike Manhattan or Hong Kong)?
I must agree with you. Its the Dubai Tourist Board that made the statement, not I.
Dubai, I believe is known as "United Arab Emirates" and with a population of approx 1.5mil
The country has the second highest income per person the world.
I guess they have to get rid of their glut of Dollars somehow. Its spend spend spend.
You are right they got land, (desert) They ought to make it bloom before its too late.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums