Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: scpg02 The flying saucer snapped up by US army - 04/08/07 06:41 AM
The flying saucer snapped up by US army

The age of the British amateur inventor toiling away in his humble garden shed lives on - and Geoff Hatton is proof of it.

The former hovercraft engineer has designed and patented a flying saucer from his workshop in Peterborough that has grabbed the imagination of the American military establishment.

My son said it was a bloody silly idea,' said Mr Hatton. "Now I've proved it works, he says sorry, he was wrong."

The 68-year-old has won a contract with the US government for his 3ft-wide contraption, a cross between a hovercraft and a helicopter. It is being considered for surveillance sorties.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...47317&in_pa

There is video of the saucer at the link.
Originally Posted By: scpg02

The age of the British amateur inventor toiling away in his humble garden shed lives on - and Geoff Hatton is proof of it.
..........>
The 68-year-old has won a contract with the US government for his 3ft-wide contraption, a cross between a hovercraft and a helicopter. It is being considered for surveillance sorties.

Yet another interesting post. I cant keep up with you.
But its rotor is music to my ears. Nice find.

Mike Kremer
Posted By: scpg02 Re: The flying saucer snapped up by US army - 04/08/07 07:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer
Originally Posted By: scpg02

..........>

Yet another interesting post. I cant keep up with you.
But its rotor is music to my ears. Nice find.

Mike Kremer

LOL! I have won awards on other forums.

© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums