Science a GoGo's Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Have you been seduced by the dark side of the ' ' lately? - 03/22/05 03:30 AM
"- Dark chocolate -- but not white chocolate - may help reduce blood pressure and boost the body's ability to metabolize sugar from food, according to the results of a small study.

Investigators from the University of L'Aquila in Italy found that after eating only 100 grams, or 3.5 ounces, of dark chocolate every day for 15 days, 15 healthy people had lower blood pressures and were more sensitive to insulin, an important factor in metabolizing sugar. "

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050321/hl_nm/chocolate_dark_dc&e=5

"One side will make it go higher, the other side will make it go lower" to paraphrase Lewis Carroll.
Quote:
Originally posted by Amaranth Rose:
"- Dark chocolate -- but not white chocolate - may help reduce blood pressure..
Shame they dont quote the amount of Cocoa solids
The 'strongest' chocolate I have found over here is "Lindt Dark Extra fine" It contains 85% Cocoa solids, it tastes bitter and yucky.

As for "White Chocolate" the European Food Union has been asked to change the name, on the basis that there is no such thing as White chocolate.
Have you ever seen white cocoa?. Read the label.
White Chocolate contains NO Cocoa, only cocoa butter. It actually has more milk and sugar in it that normal chocolate, and is not considered very good for the young children, it is directed at.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Have you been seduced by the dark side of the ' ' lately? - 03/23/05 09:29 PM
I like bitter, it fits my life style.
© Science a GoGo's Discussion Forums