I am wondering if any of you guys know what oil would be best suited for a heat exchange system , I have talked about biodegradeable antifreeze and mineral oil or vegetable oil.

I would like to know if anyone here has any experience in this field dealing with viscosity , expansion , flow , etc.

I would like my unit to have the safest fluid to use as a catalist for the heat transfer as I can find.

any sudgestions.

note: the ground water is normaly 49 degrees F at 35 ft depth.

the ground surface temp is at 8 inch below surface level 50 degrees.

I am using 4 loops of 1/8 inch (ID)polystyrene tube for the circulation of fluids into the cooling coils located at the 35 ft depth.

a total of 100 ft for each of the four loops will be used , leaving 65 ft of coiled tubing per loop immersed in the cooling ground water.

I am using a 1/2 H.P. 150 watt circulation pump to circulate the fluid between the heat exchanger and the cooling tube coils.

the heat exchanger is made of copper tubing.

4 20 ft rolls sandwitched between copper mesh and housed inline
with the already in place air ducting in the attic.

this way the unit can provide cold air using only the 150 watt pump and the already in place heat pump fan and ducting.

that is about the best I can describe the system without going into much more detail , judging from the above which oil or fluid do you think would be the best and safetest one to use.

thanks in advance for any assistance if any.

Last edited by paul; 05/14/08 05:10 AM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.