Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 424 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30485 04/23/09 12:15 PM
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Lots of lovely Maps and Graphs to mull over.

http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Image:Global_Warming_Predictions_Map_jpg

Not that any one Country will ever be able to do enough to make any difference? Especially if you deduce from the Graph below, that our Earth, compared to about 100 million years ago,
is enduring a relative Cold Spell of about 4 degrees Celcius BELOW AVERAGE !

http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Image:Phanerozoic_Climate_Change_Rev_png

It seems that Human living conditions will become more difficult
as the (*natural) temperature rises in the future.

* Those future natural Temperature rises might be:-
1/Our Galaxys movement thru the Cosmos?
2/Our Suns variable heat outputs.
3/Cosmic bombardment by electrostatic particles,
like Cosmic Ray Flux, that definately affects Cloud cover
4/Volcanic gasses.

I am sure there are more.

But I am suggesting in the future when the natural temperature rises together with out man made Global warmings. Human life will become unbearable.
With hindsight I am beginning to believe that Humans must have adapted to live within the cool jungle canopy of a tropical forest. As that would have been the only place "where the natural transpiration and evaporation of the leaves would have allowed Homo Sapiens a decent cooler lifestyle".

I am sure you all realise why you could not even try give everybody access to an Air conditioner.
One effect would be, the 'havenots' would revolt.
Sorry I am not my usual optimistic self today.

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 04/23/09 12:16 PM.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
These are interesting maps,and for me, living in the southernmost part of mainland Australia, quite surprising. We are constantly told that Oz will be very very badly affected by the coming change, but your maps seemed to imply not so- (or perhaps just horrific). Coming after this appalling summer, now mercifully over, we here are all aware of what can happen in very hot dry conditions, and climate change sceptics are shouted down. We also know it is possible to experience 48-50 degrees C without cooling and survive! A useful trick in the future maybe!

I sometimes remember that, in the 70s, it was expected that our present time was going to be cooler. Maybe without that possible trend we would all already be fried!

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
With hindsight I am beginning to believe that Humans must have adapted to live within the cool jungle canopy of a tropical forest. As that would have been the only place "where the natural transpiration and evaporation of the leaves would have allowed Homo Sapiens a decent cooler lifestyle".

and there big toe would have moved back so that they could grasp
the tree limbs better.

living in caves was also a nice cool place where protection from the elements such as rain could be had.

over a few hundred thousand years those living in trees would have changed drastically and those living in caves would also have changed drastically.

in trees , toes move back , more body hair , mostly focused on survival , skin color changes and so on.

in caves , toes stay in place , less body hair , focused on survival but more on entertainment , skin color becomes pale ,
etc...

you can look at what we have to look at , and get an idea of
why what we have to look at looks like it looks.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #30502 04/26/09 11:46 PM
M
Max Offline
M
There, Their, They're.

Max #30504 04/27/09 12:46 AM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Max

thanks for running my post through your spell checker , you really must know how to use it well , I have checked to see if
you have ever made a spelling mistake in the last year on this forum and found no errors on your part or should I say your spell checkers part.

since spelling seems to be more important than the content perhaps the forum administrators should include a spell checker on the reply / post page.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
C
C
The map of early warning signs clearly illustrates the global nature of climate changes. In its 2001 assessment, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concluded that, �an increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system.
Drug Rehab Facilities

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.