Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
"Venus is made of the same stuff of Earth, but is bone-dry, hot enough to melt lead and has a chokingly thick atmosphere. It even spins backwards.

Astronomers have spent decades trying to explain Venus' mysterious properties. Now one scientist thinks the planet's formation may explain all: Two huge, protoplanetary bodies collided head-on and merged to form our planetary neighbor, but obliterated nearly all water in the process."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/080228-venus-collision.html

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
"Venus is made of the same stuff of Earth, but is bone-dry, hot enough to melt lead and has a chokingly thick atmosphere. It even spins backwards.

Astronomers have spent decades trying to explain Venus' mysterious properties. Now one scientist thinks the planet's formation may explain all: Two huge, protoplanetary bodies collided head-on and merged to form our planetary neighbor, but obliterated nearly all water in the process."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/080228-venus-collision.html

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Interestingly the Russians in back in 1975-1979+, amazingly
put down 10 Landers onto the surface of Venus.!
As they believed back then, that Venus was our Earthlike sister and worth exploring.
They drilled into its surface, and also took photographs.

Recently their 30 year old photo's have been digitally enhanced and re-released. See below

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060911_venus_images.html

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

T
Tim Offline
T
Oh yeah, I heard about that. Is there much evidence for that or is that just some hoax? I mean it was all over the AOL news its like "scientist makes a thrilling discovery, click here to figure out what it is!" type of deal
and sorry guys, i havent been on here in forever. now its like 11 o' clock on a sunday night and im procrastinating on doing a newspaper article for my hs paper smirk
so whats new?

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Tim
Oh yeah, I heard about that. Is there much evidence for that or is that just some hoax? I mean it was all over the AOL news its like "scientist makes a thrilling discovery, click here to figure out what it is!" type of deal

If you mean evidence for a collosal collision with Venus?
Shades of 'Vehlikovsky'....does it matter? Did it happen? Was it real? Your guess is as good as mine.
But the 26 year old photographs taken by the Russian Lander on the surface of Venus are real enough.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060911_venus_images.html

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.