Not quite science- possibly if people are not science subjects.

I would like to know, just for my after life projections, how many of us in this life feel or possibly consider that they failed to choose their best life occupation or their best professional choice- taking into account how much better you may have done with a different choice.

I am quite private about my life but I will offer some personal groundwork. First of all I was a high school dropout. I became a lawyer in California as a result of a dare by my wife who was impressed with some lawyer friends of ours, that I thought were <> the smartest. My wife was a college grad and she made a big exception to her way to get involved with me. After my wife died I met a lady that was very successful in her own right, giving classes in her area of expertise and having multiple offices. When we met we were both retired and widowed. Our past was totally unknown to either of us.

I have been reading the stuff here for about a year now. Formal education appears to be a premium here or at least there are some that want to carry their burden by reference to the school type subjects they have studied.
I have just two examples (for now) where the uneducated, me too, were teaching their peers that in most cases went through the system. This is not a poll.
Respond- does success and self assurance depend on the idea that you went to the best schools or on you?
Do you think you would have had more success in a different field of endeavor?