Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23558 09/22/07 07:46 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I'd like a brief explanation of the origin of this site. Is a link to such information available? Otherwise can someone give me a quick summary?

Much appreciated,

FR

Megastar
Megastar
FR, check out my posts. You will note that, until I arrived, nothing important happened. laugh

Just a joke. As a free radical, I hope you do have a sense of humour. I like to think that my oldest brother, born in 1906--his name was JOE-King--had lots of fun with his name, as have I.

But seriously, I like your thread. I hope you get many responses. May I suggest that you send a PM to our busy hosts--Kate and Amaranth Rose II. I am sure that they will honour your request.

Personally speaking, I am not certain when this forum first started. However, I am glad that it did. I am also glad that that it made room for scinence, in all its moods.

Currently, my wife and I--from Thorhill, Markham, Ontario, Canads--are travelling in western Canada: Tofino, BC. and Grande Cache, northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. Both are beautiful and dynamic parts of Canada.

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/13/07 03:00 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Superstar
Superstar
This site started out as an open, free to post site several years ago. After being overrun by a group of vandals I refer to as "peeny-pumpers", it reformed again around a science theme. There was an invasion of people seeking to convert it to a dating and mating site. This was thwarted, and it continued to be an open site for posting science and science related topics. An invasion of biblical fundamentalists threatened to overwhelm the site, and eventually it was transformed into the present, register-to-post format, with moderators. Kate is the manager, and the moderators winnow the posts and try to keep the general peace. So long as what you post has something to do with science, even in the most general terms, it will be respected. We currently have a few posters who wander into the realm of religion from time to time, and even those are tolerated to a high degree. Posts that have nothing to do with science will likely disappear. We try to keep things on topic, but as you can see from reading the forum, many times the topic strays into further topics. So the title of the thread may not conform to its subject matter after a while.

That's a brief history. Hope that helps.

Amaranth

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.