Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
What I find funny is that at schools, evolution is taught as a science, like it's true. But it's not. Any person who studies science -and not the science that's taught in schools- would realize that it has no basis in factual information.
Take, for example, the study of cosmology. The universe had to have had a starting point at some time. How could it have "came out of nothing, by nothing, and for nothing," as atheists say? The universe was created by God. That is the only logical explanation.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Yet another troll. It's so much easier to spout religious stupidity than to actually do some homework on a subject.

T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
It is so easy to spot atheists. They not only go against Christians, but they go against science. For more information, go to www.freewebs.com/biblicalcreation

T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Alfred Russel Wallace, who devised the theory of evolution with Charles Darwin. "There must have been three interpositions of a Divine and supernatural power to account for things as they are: the agreement of science with Genesis is very striking: There is a gulf between matter and nothing; one between life and the non-living; and a third between man and the lower creation; and science can not bridge them!" DId you know that by the 1900's, there were about 80 theories of how the "evolution process worked"? Now, all of them have been disproved by science. Only Darwin's is still taught at schools even though it goes against science. So that's why so many people now are uneducated, violent, and there is famine, death, abortions. Because people are being taught a lie. A lie that Satan, who "walks to and fro throughout the earth, seeking whom he may devour" has devised.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Wallace devised the theory of natural selection INDEPENDENT OF Darwin, not WITH him.

What Wallace said is irrelevant. Evolution explains and is supported by the VAST preponderance of available physical evidence. Pointing to a religious site is not an argument. Get yourself educated. Then you can contribute something of value to the discussion. You don't have to spout stupidity.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Tim wrote:
"What I find funny is that at schools, evolution is taught as a science, like it's true. But it's not."

Funny Tim. I find it tragic that you are engaged in flaunting in public your ignorance and your inability to use your brain. It seems like a terrible waste of carbon dioxide and space.

And this may come as a terrible shock to you but gravity is not Newtonian. Biology is not Linnean. And evolution is not Darwinian. The statements of Alfred Wallace are meaningless. We don't worship graven images.

DA Morgan
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Hi Tim:

You appear to be a new visitor.
If you wish to argue against evolution you should do so by demonstrating any faulty reasoning you can muster that it contains. To argue creationistic views will not work. it will, however, get you a lot of attention; probably more than a solid scientific argument would.
jjw

Megastar
Megastar
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim:
Take, for example, the study of cosmology. The universe had to have had a starting point at some time. How could it have "came out of nothing, by nothing, and for nothing," as atheists say? The universe was created by God. That is the only logical explanation.
I'm sorry to say that your logic, sadly, is back to front Tim.
You are the one that came out of nothing and for nothing, not the Universe.
The Universe never had a starting point.
The Universe is infinite, and has always been in existence. Even Moslems believe that.
And it always will be, since matter and energy cannot ever be destroyed.
If your thinking is really telling you to believe that once there was a nothingness,
I would suggest that your brain is 10,000 years retarded, similar to the cavemen,
who looked skyward and wondered.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
all of our science points back to what was called the big bang by someone making fun of the idea. to put it in laymans terms, there was basically a singularity (this is highly simplified, the exact scientific explination is not exactly easy to explain). from that everything has expanded. if this theory of it being a singularity was correct, then them substance of the singularity was already in existance. according to some theories, there was a big crunch before, while others say there is something called simular to strings that causes it the expansion (not going to go into this very detail explaination, you can find it on google if you want, search for string theory). In most theories that bother with pre big bang, there existed something like another universe before ours. Its laws might have been identical to ours or might have been completely different. there is no way to every know.

basically all this adds up to the fact that many people believe that the substance of the universe has alway existed. There would have been no need for a god to create it.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OK, I agree with you, dehammer. Only what created the universe before ours, and what created the universe before that, and what created the universe before that, and what created the universe before that, which would go on forever. Oh, never mind, I don't agree with you after all; the universe was created by God who is existent.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
" the universe was created by God who is existent."
This is a science forum, not a religious forum. Do you have anything to say from a scientific perspective or are you just going to spout stupidity endlessly?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Tim wrote:
"Only what created the universe before ours, and what created the universe before that,"

Your questions are both simplistic and demonstrate an incredible inability to engage in critical thinking.

Where did the universe come from EQUALS where did god come from. It is the same question ... different noun.

The difference is that when I ask the question with respect to god you haven't a clue and you can tear every page out of your cult's holy book and you won't find it there so you respond with some informative answer like "god has always existed."

To again quote Bart Simpson: "Duh!"

Science on the other hand has the integrity to acknowledge that there are questions for which it DOES NOT YET have the answer.

The difference between theologist and scientist is that one has integrity and the other, lacking it, it a hypcrite.

See a deprogrammer.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
OK, I agree with you, dehammer. Only what created the universe before ours, and what created the universe before that, and what created the universe before that, and what created the universe before that, which would go on forever. Oh, never mind, I don't agree with you after all; the universe was created by God who is existent.
i don't think you get the picture at all. its called the law of conservation or something like that. energy and matter can be interchanged at some levels. but you can only destroy one by turning into something else. but that something else (the substance of the universe in the 1st 1 x 10 to the -1000 second or so) that our science cant truly explain. but that substance can be packed into an extremely small space. before the universe (if those theories are correct, there was matter which was destroyed by becoming that material. it had expanded and contracted. before it was it expanded everything was the same substance once again. it was not created. it was not destroyed. it cant be destroyed. that universe was created by a big bang of its own.

before it there was a big crunch of another universe, and a big bang before it. again nothing destroyed, nothing created. merely the substance becoming matter and energy, then being turned back into the substance over and over and over again ad infinitum.

T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
DA Morgan was right. Creationists have integrity. Why are humans so opposed to the gospel. It is the only way that you can go to heaven. Christ came to give us life more abundantly and eternally (John 10:10). Everyone has sinned and falls short of the glory of God. The only way we can come to God is by our belief in our Lord and savior Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9). It's that easy. All you have to do is get past your pride and admit that you are a fallible human in need of grace and accept Jesus' sacrifice when he died for our sins 2,000 years ago so that we might be saved and get into heaven. For more information, go to www.freewebs.com/biblicalcreation

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
thats only true if that is your belief. those of us of other religions see a different way to get to heaven, or where ever we intend to go.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
"Creationists have integrity."

Creationists are devoid of integrity; they are openly hostile to it wherever they are not oblivious to it; they fail to do the most elementary homework in the areas in which they freely pontificate.

Intellectual laziness is antithetical to integrity.

Your posts contain nothing of science. They are religious screeds.

T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well, if my belief is real, then everyone who isn't saved is going to hell. If my view is false, then there is no hell to go to. Christians would win either way. We teach morality, ethics, and living a good life. So even if we don't have the truth, it wouldn't matter when we die. Ya get what I mean?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
If your view is false, then some other god might exist, who will punish you. Christians would not win either way. Many christians believe that living ethically is not sufficient.

Most atheists live ethical and good lives.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Well, if my belief is real, then everyone who isn't saved is going to hell. If my view is false, then there is no hell to go to. Christians would win either way. We teach morality, ethics, and living a good life. So even if we don't have the truth, it wouldn't matter when we die. Ya get what I mean?
if its real for you, then its true for you. that does not mean its true for everyone. each of us has our own paths to follow.

christians teach that you can sin, but then be forgiven by your lord, so even if you kill someone or do major harm to other, there would be no punishment (if your not caught or you have a good lawyer). what kind of a incentive to be good is that. Your going to get a good reward no matter what you do.

My beleif is that what ever we do will return to us. If we are good, good will return to us. If we do evil, evil will return to us. THAT is one major reason not to do evil. THAT is a major incentive to be moral, ethical, and to live a good life. If i want to have the same reward as you, ive got to be good all my life, all the time.

Yours is more like a parent telling his child, that if (s)he does good, (s)he'll gets a reward. If s/he is bad, s/he will go to his/her room without supper. Mine is more like a teenager, learning that if he wants to get the carkeys he will have to do some work for it.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Reminds me of a quote from Catch 22

"That's the kind of God you people talk about, a <snipped>. Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth decay in His divine system of Creation? What in the world was running through that <snipped> mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel movements?"

There you go Rose: I did your editing for you. Hope you're happy with the censorship. After all I wouldn't want to offend anyone with the actual quote.

DA Morgan
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.