Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11456 07/12/06 09:37 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Ken Lay's memorial attracts power elite
George H.W. Bush, James Baker among attendees at packed church for the Enron founder; reverend compares fallen energy titan to Jesus.

Source:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/12/news/newsmakers/lay.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Enough said!

DA Morgan
#11457 07/13/06 09:23 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
here is the exact quote about him and jc

Reverend Dr. William Lawson: "The folks who don't like him have had their say. I'd like to have mine ... (Like Jesus Christ) he was crucified by a government that mistreated him."

did not actually say his life was like jc, just that he help people that were in more need like jc and he was crucified like him.

takes all kinds.

another quote.

One former Enron employee wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with Enron's crooked "E" logo came by the First Methodist Church of Houston but did not attend the service. She said she came out of respect for Lay.

"He was a good person who did a bad thing. Justice was served by finding him guilty," said Marie Watkins, a former tax analyst who worked with Lay at Enron and Florida Gas for 27 years. She said she lost 90 percent of her retirement portfolio when the company imploded.

humans are human, we make mistakes, that does not make any of us truely evil. (there are exceptions i'd argue about though.)

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
#11458 07/13/06 05:01 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
'A good christian' = 'unrepentent sinner'

The more things change the more they stay the same.

DA Morgan
#11459 07/13/06 08:52 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:

sorry wrong. "a good christian is a repentent sinner". some how, we lead to believe that being repentent somehow makes everything ok. dont ask me how, because its not my religion.

#11460 07/14/06 05:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love Jesus and some insist he was born in India.
What is your opinion?

#11461 07/14/06 05:31 AM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Based on the historical record here was born in what is currently Israel/Palestine, spoke Aramaic, and had dark middle-easter features unlike all the Euro-centric graven images.

DA Morgan
#11462 07/14/06 07:08 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by dkv:
I love Jesus and some insist he was born in India.
What is your opinion?
sorry, never heard any evidence of him being born in india. at least not in that incarnation.

#11463 07/14/06 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dehammer:
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:

sorry wrong. "a good christian is a repentent sinner". some how, we lead to believe that being repentent somehow makes everything ok. dont ask me how, because its not my religion.
Since Lay refused to acknowledge any wrong doing, I guess he's a bad Christian.

My first thought, when I heard of his death, was that maybe he faked it to avoid prison. I doubt it, but I could probably feed the frenzy of conspiracy theorists:

Hmmm... *died* in Colorado, where few knew him... remains cremated... faced decades in prison...

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#11464 07/14/06 02:39 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
that thought went though my mind too.

#11465 07/14/06 04:49 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
You are not alone soilguy. I too am of the opinion that he could well have faked his own death.

He cheated people in life and assuming his death he has cheated them again.

His is one body I'd like to see put on public display so that we can actually be sure it is his body in the coffin.

And for anyone interested ... I don't believe Lee Harvey Oswald was killed in a Dallas police station either. Way too convenient. Way too well timed. Far too easy to fake the death.

DA Morgan
#11466 07/14/06 06:38 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
i cant agree with Oswald. he knew to much, and most likely being killed was real. he was way to smug just before the killing occured. he was obviously (imho) expecting to be given a sentence, then disappear. the camera caught his shock at being shot.

#11467 07/14/06 07:32 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
dehammer wrote:
"i cant agree with Oswald. he knew to much"

And what precisely did he know and what is your source? What we do know is that (A) no autosy was performed, (B) he was the only person to ever defect to the Soviet Union and return, (C) a cameraman was perfectly positioned to record an incident that should have never been able to happen, (D) no one dies that quickly from the gun shot wound he reportedly received. Now how in the H could you possibly know what Oswald knew or didn't know? The tooth fairy tell you?

dehammer wrote:
"he was way to smug just before the killing occured."

Precisely. Because he knew that he was going to take one in the bullet-proof vest, and walk away without a mark. Take a good look at the photograph. Of course he was smug.

dehammer wrote:
"the camera caught his shock at being shot."

No the camera caught the same facial expression as you would show if shot in a bullet-proof vest or kicked in the groin. Neither of which is fatal.

It was a Hollywood movie. Correographed and shot on location in the security of a facility guarded by the police and FBI. No half-baked bar owner just went on a stroll and ended up there by accident.

DA Morgan
#11468 07/15/06 09:15 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
no, i disagree with several points.

1) you can die that fast, but no one ever said he did. just that he was shot and died.

2) bullet proofvest were not that good then, and they are still very bulky. what he was wearing would never have hidden it.

3) of course the guy did not just take a stroll and happen to be there. oswalds capture was reported already, and people loved the president. what better excuse to have an assassin waiting there to make sure he did not tell of all the other people that were involved.

as to what he knew. if you had seen the "evidence" of his guilt you would know that much of it is fake. The CIA came up with it way to fast, which means they had it ready before it was needed. IF the CIA had fake evidence before it was needed, who do you think faked it.

In otherwords, Oswald was a CIA assassin and so was the guy that killed him. He was killed because they did not trust him.

4) the Hollywood stuff only works because you only have one view of it. people were surrounding him, making it very difficult to hide what was going on behind the camera.

#11469 07/15/06 08:16 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
dehammer the number of hours that passed between Oswold being shot and dying is recorded. Look it up. No vital organ was pierced? Brain ... no. Heart ... no. Both lungs ... no. The only potential cause would have been massive blood loss. Obviously you've never been in combat but it doesn't wash. No one dies from a low caliber gun shot in the location he took the bullet that fast. Especially when you add in where it happened and how long it took to take him to hosptial. It is a fairy tale ... nothing more.

Bullet proof vests were that good then. He wasn't shot with a high velocity or high caliber weapon. He was shot with a weapon, one time I might add, that would have a hard time making it through a car winshield.

Jack Ruby was no lover of Jack Kennedy. Jack Ruby was no lover of American democracy. He was a marked man with terminal cancer who never went to trial.

Clean and simple. Single hitman makes impossible rifle shot and is made to appear dead within 24 hours because he is conveniently shot by a man with no credentials who made it past police and FBI security and who had terminal cancer. No investigation. No depositions. No interrogatories. Nothing but a cover-up. The story you have bought is not just incredible ... it is pure nonsense.

DA Morgan
#11470 07/16/06 12:13 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
if he died of blood loss from such a small weapon, then why would not someone stop the blood loss. even someone trained in simple first aid could have saved him, yet there is no indication that any one attepted to do so.

your assuming that the goverment would risk him showing up years later to name names. it would be so much easier to make sure he never talked at all. that weapon would easily pass through cloths and perhaps something else never shown, made sure he did not talk after being hit. no there was no reason to believe that he was allowed to live, which would have risked everyone else connected to him. if they were willing to kill the president, why would they stop short of killing the guy who was to take the fall. since jack ruby was dying, it would be easy to make sure he did not talk in the time he had left. How do you know he actually had terminal cancer and it was not used as an excuse to keep him isolated and then killed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.