Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10436 01/04/06 12:46 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Stardust is contained in everything in the universe of universes ours included. Since we have memory and memory is recycled by the food we eat and the soil which makes things grow the elements on the periodic table contain memory. Therefore, we can remember everything about the universe since we are infinity aged.

#10437 01/04/06 01:33 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Ryan,

If I take a sledgehammer to a Flash Disk and create a pile of 'Sandisk Dust', it remembers nothing. The same as the stuff I deliver to the sewerage system. The same as Stardust.

Therefore we can remember only what we have experienced of the universe.

I thought I would correct you gently, and try to head off the DA Morgan before he verbally throttles you.

Regards,

Blacknad.

#10438 01/04/06 01:42 PM
J
J
I like the stardust concept; how everything is made of stardust. But, I wonder is it more appropriate to call ourselves solardust?

The memory issue you are mulling over seems unscientific, but you can try it out on the origins board if you want.

~Justine~
#10439 01/04/06 03:11 PM
M
M
Here's some wildness.

Assumptions:

1. The universe has a torus shape
2. No energy is lost or created in the universe.

What do you people think about information leaving my body (just a physical object in spacetime) and traveling through the universe to come back in another space and time.

Do you think it is outrageous to tie this to memories over many generations (or planetary eons, since the universe is a pretty big place)?

I'm interested in what you think.

mark

#10440 01/06/06 11:32 AM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
"Stardust is contained in everything in the universe of universes ours included. Since we have memory and memory is recycled by the food we eat and the soil which makes things grow the elements on the periodic table contain memory. Therefore, we can remember everything about the universe since we are infinity aged."

What utter - complete drivel and nonsense!

However, if we were to find the 'formula' for the universe and ALL the variables at a specific time-we would be able to know ANYTHING we wanted.

#10441 01/06/06 09:22 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
And we would need another universe to house the database that would hold all of those variables.

Blacknad.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.