Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
The well-preserved skeleton was found in 2006 on the Lazzaretto Nuovo island, north of the lagoon city, amid other corpses buried in a mass grave during an epidemic of plague that hit Venice in 1576.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world...nice_archa.html

The article states that the vampire was found in a MASS grave
What IF!! all of those people were the victims of this vampire!

I sure hope they dont pull the stake out , because if they do , the vampire and ALL of its victims would return to prowl the night once again , in search of BLOOD.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Good Evening , My Dear.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Superstar
Superstar
Of all the silly, superstitious nonsense! I'm ashamed of you, Paul, for promulgating such idiocy. Grow up and act intelligent for a change.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
"Of all the silly, superstitious nonsense! I'm ashamed of you, Paul, for promulgating such idiocy. Grow up and act intelligent for a change."
I'm not sure, of course, but I suspect he's just teasing us a bit.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Replying is just going to encourage this nonsense, so here goes!

Vampires were very localised European myth until the publication of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Until then night-demons and such were very very non-attractive indeed! The stake through the heart was a technique used to bury suicides and murderers, and indeed anyone of whom it was suspected that they would walk around after death, (another common myth). These corpses were buried outside consecrated ground of course. Other mutulations and interferences used to be practised on the corpses of undesirables, or even strangers. Decapitation and removal of offending limbs etc was traditional punishment as well as death.

I think the finder of this corpse has decided on vampirism as it is now considered very sexy indeed and gets his discovery into the papers.

And I don't think this is even remotely scientific. I'm having a bet with myself that it'll be banished to NQS soon. Interesting fun post though, Paul!

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
Interesting fun post

I thought so to , and I figured A Rose would have already moved it to NQS.

and after all a little humor and laughter is good for us all.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.