Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27839 09/23/08 06:06 PM
R
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
R
For the first time, astronomers have observational evidence of gravitational effects from beyond the 'edge' of the visible universe:

"Scientists Detect "Dark Flow:" Matter From Beyond the Visible Universe"

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/09/23/...sible-universe/

I would very much like to see news of this kind making it onto the headlines of the tabloids, but I guess that's a sign that I'm out of step, and that most people couldn't give a monkey's!

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Wow!. As I see it.

"The Gravitational pull of pre-inflationary remnants, blown well outside the horizon of our present-day Universe, (by inflation). Causing the "Dark Flow", pull, and slight detectable movement upon the Galaxy clusters, that are within the horizon of our universe".
Its interesting that this "Dark Flow" or pull, is detected between the bordering Constellations of Centaurus and Vela.

My opinion is that with careful future observations, we will detect other super remnants (in other directions) of what may well be other large universes, detectable only by the gravitational pull they have, upon some of our own far flung Galaxys. Since visual observation is out of the question at these vast distances.

The "Great Attractor",our local cluster of thousands of Galaxys, that is pulling us towards it, may well itself be affected by this "Dark Flow" pull. The actual direction of its own movement, is not discernable, since it, and the "Dark flow" pull, are both largely hidden by the bulk of the Milky Way.
I believe the "Great Attractor lies within that same quadrant of our observable universe, as the "Dark Flow" pull.

Congratulations upon a very nice find of yours, Redewenur.

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 09/23/08 09:32 PM. Reason: para change

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.