Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Johan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Some views on CO2 and global warming by extrasense:

Quote:
The pseudoscientific lie, which is used by Kyoto sham, is that fossil
fuels are the cause of global CO2 concentration raise.

The plants photosythesis removes 120 Gt of Carbon per year. The human
activity adds 3Gt of Carbon per year.

Only 2.5% additional plants would be needeed, in order to compensate
for ALL the fossil fuel emissions.

The actual reason of observed CO2 raise is apparently deforestation,
not the fossil fuels.
Extrasense, I think this is crap, sounds like you are brainwashed by the president of the world, George Bush.

The US get most of its power supplied by burning fossilic fuel. The US is the #1 polluter overall, and is againts the Kyoto agreement. Do you know the chemical components of fossilic fuel? Do you really think that this does not cause the global CO2 concentration to increase.

Is the science of the US stuck in the past, or do you not want to admitt what is apparent to the rest of the world?

Johan VS

-Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a raindance.
T
T
actually, i would be more inclined to beleive extrasense, i have never heard of CO2 emmisions from pollution being harmful, much less plentiful. All excess co2 means is plants are getting more air than us, but since they convert it into oxygen, well be fine, unless im missing something. And, becuase of all of our deforesting, i can definetly see an increase in CO2 happening becuase of a lack of plants to convert it back into oxygen for us humans.

But yes, the us is the #1 polluter, and the chemicals from power plants and autos do create higher ammounts of acids for example in the air, and since fossil fuels are carbon based, i suppose some would be created, but where taking pacticles of carbon many times bigger than two atoms of oxygen, as combustion doesnt not make carbon gas so much as ultrafine carbon dust, which eventually settles back to earth to choke us into asthma symptoms, not asfixiate us through oxygen imbalance.

But if excess CO2 being created by pollution is a problem (which i imagine it could be in extremly high ammoutns if the worlds plants cant replace it fast enough) i would be very greatful for a link to a study or two, if you have one Johan

"If I cannot have company whose minds are clearly free, I would perfer to go alone..." - Dr. Gideon Lincecum
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Tronix:
yes, the us is the #1 polluter
I suspect this being a fat lie.
The China is producing more of steel etc.
The Canada is probably producing most paper.
The oil refineries are not in US.
These are processes, where the worst pollutants are emmited.

es

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
While this inane debate continues you can safely assume that all countries are pumping increasing amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Does it really matter who is creating the most harm?

How about focusing on who is actually willing to do something to address the issue?

And in that competition both the US and China are traveling a well known road to hell.

DA Morgan
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Tronix:
... unless im missing something. And, becuase of all of our deforesting, i can definetly see an increase in CO2 happening becuase of a lack of plants to convert it back into oxygen for us humans.
the missing part is that CO2 gases traps heat in the atmosphere. If it wasn't for the current CO2 levels on the earth, the oceans would freeze over. More CO2 and the temp goes up, less and the temp drops.

As to the carbon cycle, the CO2 and energy you release in one charcoal burquet took a tree many years to collect and store. If we increase the levels of CO2, it is not automatically absorbed by the plant kingdom.

Someone once claimed that all the carbon burnt in the rainforest of the Amazon was (as we speak) being reformed in the forest of Norway. Has anyone seen a tree grow as fast as a log burns?

E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Does it really matter who is creating the most harm?
Locally, everyone knows his polluters.
Globally, only deforestation matters.

So, if you care about GLOBAL situation, just forget the pollution side and manage the forests in a right way.

ES

E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by danno might:
the CO2 and energy you release in one charcoal burquet took a tree many years to collect and store...
So, you continue to sing those stupid mantras.
There is a lot of trees, so your burquet is a drop in the ocean.

Again, the problem is, that if we would allow trees to become scarce, then your breathing would create global warming.

Let us manage the forests wisely, instead of becoming victims of demagogery.

ES

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.