Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Amazing stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM&feature=player_embedded

I did quite a lot of work with dementia/memory loss and tried to increase the amount of music used.

There never was nothing.
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Amit, a wide range of emotions can be triggered by music, can they not? People are driven into wild dances, involuntarily stimulated to march in step by a military band, become highly elated or moved to tears. A lot more to it than relaxation, don't you agree?

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
It was actually music therapy I had in mind, but I agree that there are lots of other aspects to music.

BTW, is it my imagination, or have a couple of posts vanished from this thread?

There never was nothing.
R
R
Music does have its therapeutic values. It certainly is an area that should be researched more.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
is it my imagination, or have a couple of posts vanished

I think they were deleted , perhaps.
thats what happens to some of my post at least , mostly because of relevance or off topic reasons , sometimes its
because its a you tube video or stuff like that.

or you might have just dreamed that you posted something
and didnt really do it , or you slipped back in time a day or so , nothing to worry about though just try to remember what
you posted and re-post it.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
I think that in some instances such as a person who is
in the hospital or a nursing home as in the video the
music and even books (such as the Bible) that a person could and would normally read or listen to would greatly benefit that person , even if the only relief was due to a form of escape from the normal sounds that the person would be subjected to while in the hospital or nursing home.

music can take you away , I remember in grade school the teacher would put a record on and tell us to lay our heads on our desk and picture ourselves where the music was being played.

and it worked , I could fly to wherever the music was.

so yes I think more research is needed into the medical possibilities of treatments using sounds.

thinking of someone who is on life support , unable to even talk or communicate in any means , this would be a real blessing as long as they are not subjected to music that they do not like.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
thats what happens to some of my post at least , mostly because of relevance or off topic reasons

It's a personal conspiracy. My posts have only vanished since I started talking to you. laugh

There never was nothing.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
you might have just dreamed that you posted something
and didnt really do it

That's quite likely at any time, but especially in these times of lack of sleep.

Two weeks down - two to go before the puppies go home.

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.