Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I help run a weekly online radio show & podcast called 'This Week in Science'. We cover the latest news in science and technology in a format that's approachable enough for people with non-science backgrounds.

We're trying to get the message out about the show and thought users here might be interested. The show is available for free on iTunes and through our website at http://www.twis.org/audio/

The people that put out the show are all volunteers - none of us make a dime off of our efforts. We hope you like it.

Best,
Marshall Clark
Technical Director
This Week in Science
http://www.twis.org

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
If none of you make a dime ... what is the PayPal logo and the advertising doing on your site?

An explanation is required ... because from where I sit this looks like a purely commercial promotion.

DA Morgan
S
OP Offline
S
The Paypal logo is for donations to the show to help cover costs of bandwidth and hosting - to date these have covered only a fraction of our total operating costs, the rest comes out of pocket. And these are just the operating costs; none of us have ever received ANY payment for the several hundred hours we have each provided to help make this show available over the years.

As for your statement regarding advertising - there is NO outside advertising on the site. We do have links to CafePress merchandise and our Science Music Compilation CD, but these are run essentially at cost. The Music CD is sold for $5.00 with shipping included. How much do you think it costs to print and ship a CD?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I print and ship CDs for less than $2.00 so I'd be assume about a 100% profit margin.

But I see that I clicked on the link under your signature ... not the one intended ... so I withdraw my complaint.

Best wishes with the program. And if Kirsten is still looking for diamonds I'd be happy to send her the raw material. All she need do is add some pressure.

DA Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.