Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 632 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Public confidence in the "constants" of nature may be at an all time low. Recent research has found evidence that the value of certain fundamental parameters, such as the speed of light or the invisible glue that holds nuclei together, may have been different in the past."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060711/sc_space/scientistsquestionnaturesfundamentallaws

Maybe the measuring stick is changing?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Some of us have never doubted it.

I put a question to Feynman back in the 60's that I've referenced here before targeted at that very issue.

DA Morgan
J
J
It is interesting how we can shorten a scientific concept so that it encompasses more than it originally intended to be. According to my understanding Einstein has postulated that one will measure the same value for the speed of light relative to any reference frame. This was shortened to "light speed is a universal constant of nature"; however, does "the same value measured relative to different reference frames" imply that light speed should not change with time? I do not think so. I will not be surprised if light speed is slowly becoming less with time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.