Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
We've were attempting to control evolution long before we knew about it.

We didn't know about DNA until how many years ago? And how long have we been looking for blue-eyed blonds or other phyiscal features?

Our biology has known what we didn't.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
You might want to reread what you wrote dehummer. You agreed with me.
no, you claim the goverment is doing it. im saying its the people themselves doing it.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Sorry I didn't realize you lived in Cuba or North Korea or Somalia.

In my country the people are the government. We have this thing called representative democracy where the people elect those that govern and those that govern represent the hopes and aspirations of the governed.

If you would be more forthcoming about your language skills and the country in which you live these misunderstandings could be avoided.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
right. you claim the goverment is doing it to the people against their will. then you claim the people are the goverment. how could the people do it to themselves against their will.

youre very good at switching the ground your soap box is on.

1st you complain about bush and his crownies doing things like this, then you state that its the people that are in charge of doing it.

my point all along (knowing that we are both from america) is that its the people doing it. glad that you finally agree with me.

E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Kremer:
it is my considered opinion that we are now controlling our own human evolvement.
Any real control includes capability to predict cosequences of own actions.
There is no way for us to do that.

ES

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
ES:
Control does not require the ability to predict consequences. Is George Bush in control of US actions in Iraq? You betcha. Does he have a clue as to the consequences of his actions? History will speak loudly on that subject you can be sure. There are limitless other examples that can just as clearly be used to demonstrate you are incorrect.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer you truly need to repeat K-12. You continue to misunderstand what you read.
really????? after all the diatribes about the church, and bush and all, then you expect people to read a switch in there with no sign of a switch to saying the people. no. no one would follow that kind of switch. you have very clearly expressed an opinion that it was the government in Washington, not the people themselves doing it. why would you argue with me when i said it was the people if you were saying that it was the people.

in case you have not notice. i ignore double speak and will not let you get away with the political double speak. how can anyone teach that does that on as constant a basis as you do. doesn't the state of Washington expect integrity from its instructors? how can you do political double speak and have integrity? no politician that uses political double speak is trusted, even by other politicians. the reason, it shows a lack of integrity.

show a little and either stay on one side of an arguement or the other or show the change.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Really!

DA Morgan
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Dan and Dehammer,

Obviously mere words are not going to settle this. In how many threads are you two currently engaged in this sort of deadlock?

We need an MTV sponsored Scienceagogo Deathmatch. Or maybe the moderators need to bring out their axe when things descend to this level. Or maybe it's just too amusing to stop.

Blacknad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We need to stop this slanging match or this thread will be relocated to origins or elsewhere. Surely the topic of Science can rise above petty insults and tit-for-tat.

Amaranth

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Surely the moderators can insist on science content or remove the offending content.

Don't keep this dreck around on my behalf.

DA Morgan
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.