Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Show us the math morgan..

NEVER Underestimate the power of stupidity!
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Archer lets try this again and this time I will use very small words.

1. Here's one of many links:
http://www.physicstoday.org/vol-58/iss-3/p12a.html

It contains the relevant information.

2. Asking me to do the math assumes I haven't

3. If you wish to dispute the physics ... YOU DO THE MATH.

I just love it when people who can't even be bothered to do simple research with google feel competent to pontificate on subjects on which they are clueless and then demand others to do what they, themselves, are too lazy to do.

If you made it through K-12 ... you do the math.

You posted links from NASA? Where? Certainly not these.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2006-023
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/844739.stm
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=19039
http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/Feb/17-57336.html

Everyone gets it except the SAGG trolls.

DA Morgan
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
LMAO... impressive..

Dont you think its rather ironic that you use NASA, when you are disputing the NEWEST NASA and ESA study? NASA? LMAO

Maybe you couldnt read clearly (learned that in 3rd grade too!).. where is the SEA LEVEL RISE THEY ARE CLAIMING HAS and IS happening? WHERE? lol OPPs.. lil did the rest of the planet know, we missed it! and only you and them got it?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"here is what the story said."

No. This is your personal interpretation of what was written.
no, thats is exactly what he said. i agree that archer or anyone else that wants to know should read it themself

Quote:
Your final comment is ridiculous on its face as the expansion of water when it freezes only applies were the ice floating IN the water. Ice on land will add essentially 100% of its volume. And, of course, you still ignore the expansion of the water that is already present in the oceans due to their warming too.

Your spin doctoring is NOT science.
then explain why when you put water in a ice cube maker, you can only put half full, then have full size ice. its not floating on anything. Ice is ice. it does not matter where it is. it reacts the same no matter where it is.

please tell us what you teach. its obviously not physics, or you would know that ice expands.

its obviously not meteorlogy, or you would understand more about glacers.

its obviously not manners, or literature as no one who knew much about them would post the way you do.

im guessing politics or political "science". you seem to believe that what ever the political ppl say is always true.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
here is a quote from one of his sites.

The evolution of Greenland's ice sheet is being driven by several factors. These include accumulation of snow in its interior, which adds mass and lowers sea level ; melting of ice along its edges, which decreases mass and raises sea level; and the flow of ice into the sea from outlet glaciers along its edges, which also decreases mass and raises sea level.

notice that the part about how the ice in the interior lowers sea lvls.

you will note that they site specifies that they are not concerned about the ice build up in the interior. they dont bother figuring out if the build up is matching the amount of increased ice melted. why should they, it would go against what they were attempting to prove. read it yourself. they said they were trying to prove that ppl had underestimated the melt off. meaning that they went in with a preconcluded idea, and were looking for proof. when you look for proof, and are not willing to look at what might disprove your conclusion, its easy to find that proof.

check this out

http://www.cato.org/pubs/regulation/reg15n2g.html

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Archer asks:
"where is the SEA LEVEL RISE THEY ARE CLAIMING HAS and IS happening? WHERE?"

Go ask your mommy to spoon feed you.

DA Morgan
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Answer the question.. it should be simple you claim it has been going on for 10 years.. WHERE IS THE SEA LEVEL RISE? WHERE? or cant you answer it? so now lil morgan is going to talk about my mommy.. yeah IMPRESSIVE insight morgan, sound foundation, well presented facts! LMAO.. DIVERSION from your lack of facts AGAIN.

Simple fact is YOU CANT prove it.. NASA and the ESA says it's NOT happening like you claim! dont you hate when facts make ya look like a fool.. not to mention the people you quote as being YOUR source! lol

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Archer asks:
"Answer the question."

No. It is not my job to change your diapers, teach you to read, or solve math problems for you.

The information has been published and is all over every university library (you do know what a library is don't you?) and referenced all over the net.

If you are interested in science, reality, fact then you look it up yourself. If you are just trying to have an eye-popping testosterone contest than you win. I grant you are ten-times the Neandertal I am.

You do, of course, remember what happened to the Neandertals don't you? Oh probably not. I don't know why I ask rhetorical questions.

DA Morgan
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Seems simple enough.. were is the rise in sea level YOU CLAIM is and HAS BEEN happening?.. show us were? why is that so hard? lol

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
http://badc.nerc.ac.uk/data/gloss/references.html

Learn to read for comprehension.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer:
Seems simple enough.. were is the rise in sea level YOU CLAIM is and HAS BEEN happening?.. show us were? why is that so hard? lol
have you notice that all of the sites he list are close to a decade old. all the stories he list, save about the hurricanes are stories from the last century.

and da, those sites were talking about a raise in sea lvl measure in cm per century. you claim meters? confused show me where someone clamied it would be meters per decade! :rolleyes:

D
Megastar
Megastar
D

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
its interesting that you gave those sites. one of them shows a color graphic of how much the ocean has chanced in ten years. the darker the color the less change there has been. the vast majority of the map is dark blue, which according to the legend, means less than one milimeter per year. That means less than a tenth of meter per century. there are some areas that have have compairatively huge gains (15 millimeters. meaning that those areas will see a raise of 1.5 meters in a century. several of those sites you used made it clear that there will be a raise in sea lvls around a meter per century. the thing the did not show is how much is the land rising or falling.

one of the big problems is that while the water lvls are rising, many of the areas that ppl have choisen to make their homes in, are in areas that are falling.

an example is lousiana and floida. both of these states have large areas that were created by river deltas. that means the soil that was deposited had a lot of water in it. as the weight of the land above it presses down, those areas are losing the water to that pressure. that means the soil is compacting. by one scientist calculation (dont ask, im doing this by memory, which is not near perfect) the majority of lousisana will be lower that the current sea lvl by the end of the century. florida is not far behind. ppl there are going to have to learn how to make dikes from the dutch if they are going to keep their homes. the dutch have had trouble with thier land sinking for a long time.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer:
"means less than one milimeter per year. That means less than a tenth of meter per century."

No it doesn't. It means you can't interpret what you read and I'll not spoon feed you.

Those whose IQs are higher than their age will immediately understand what you don't or can't: That those who did this work wouldn't be demanding action if the implication was as you state.

DA Morgan
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
dehammer:
"means less than one milimeter per year. That means less than a tenth of meter per century."

No it doesn't. It means you can't interpret what you read and I'll not spoon feed you.
Translation: I dont want to agree with the findings from NASA and the ESA, nor do I want to agree with dehammer, I have no facts, no studies, nothing in the manner to disprove NASA and the ESA, but I will ACT like I know something no one else does, and to make sure they believe it I will belittle dehammer as well to show myself to be of superior intellect and knowledge.. LMAO..

It is the typical "benevolent liberal" POLITICAL HACK ACT, when you dont have the facts to prove your POV, you attack the messenger, because you have no counter for the facts! old.. very very old and over done.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I agree with NASA's findings. I disagree with your and dehammer's misinterpretation of them.

The folks at NASA are among those openly stating that we are in for flooding caused by rising sea levels. They are not so dumb as to say that if their data was interpreted as 1mm/century.

DA Morgan
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
How can this QUOTE from NASA and ESA be misunderstood?

Quotes:
"The study indicates that the contribution of the ice sheets to recent sea-level rise during the decade studied was much smaller than expected, just two percent of the recent increase of nearly three millimeters a year,"

What part of that do you not get? thats TEN YEARS of "magic morgans flood".. ITS NOT HAPPENING like you wanted it to.. Both ESA and NASA say so..

J
J
Damn And morgan had me all full of hope that my home in hawaii would be beach front property soon.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Get your rubber duckie ready ... may not be the ocean rising that gives you your wish ... you just never know when one of those lava shelves will give way.

DA Morgan
A
Archer Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Quote:
I agree with NASA's findings. I disagree with your and dehammer's misinterpretation of them.
Yet again morgan holds true his consistent pattern of .. NO ANSWER.. when confronted to explain himself, you claim we have a made a MISINTERPRETATION of the findings.. explain what can be misunderstood?.. even a third grade education can understand what is being said in the NASA and ESA report!

SO.. WHERE'S THE FLOOD you claim morgan? enlighten us..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.